Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extremely disappoinded with the performance last night.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I'm sorry folks but, last night I was expecting a far tougher test . Leeds certainly did not look anything like a team pushing for the play offs. Did Stockdale have to make any saves or take any goal kicks? A bad night for Leeds or just a normal day in the office?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Extremely disappointed with our performance, or Leeds? Surely all we can do is beat the team the team in front of us?

If Leeds weren't up to the task that's hardly our problem!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I don't understand why anyone is having a pop at the OP. Thread title misleading but it was a sensible question - Leeds WERE very disappointing. They're certainly no Fulham on that showing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't understand why anyone is having a pop at the OP. Thread title misleading but it was a sensible question - Leeds WERE very disappointing. They're certainly no Fulham on that showing.

Any chance we made them look ordinary, as we tend to do with most of those put up against us?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Charming, Luv. Happy Christmas ( GT49er )

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes they were, but they were reduced to ten men quite early in the game, amd there is rarely anyway back from a situation like that.

But although it was a bad day at the office for them, I still see them as a threat and can see them making the play offs. They had won five out of their last six prior to last night remember.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
mquinn.png

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Even with 11 players on the pitch, Leeds looked ordinary. It could have been just one of those nights for them but you cannot say they were unlucky,Their whole attitude seemed well bellow what one would have expected from a team pushing for the play offs. We looked streets ahead of them in all departments, apart from goal keeping. i would not be a Happy Bunny if I were Mr Monk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Yeah I agree, the moment I saw disappoinded I was a little confused.

larus

Even with 11 players on the pitch, Leeds looked ordinary. It could have been just one of those nights for them but you cannot say they were unlucky,Their whole attitude seemed well bellow what one would have expected from a team pushing for the play offs. We looked streets ahead of them in all departments, apart from goal keeping. i would not be a Happy Bunny if I were Mr Monk

These things are hard to judge. We have good days and bad days. Is this down to the style of the opposition affecting us and therefore the same may apply with us on Leeds last night.

We controlled the game but also, didn't really get out of second gear. So, is that a good thing or a bad thing? IMO, winning and playing just OK is a superb position. It does seem as though some fans are expecting us to "Norwich" teams every week now from some of the comments last night.

Me : I'm loving the experience. Last season was great but this seems to be up a level.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I read it as though he was disappointed that it all appeared so easy. The expectation was that it would be a tough, hard-fought game, but it wasn't. Disappointed in a sarcastic sense is my interpretation.

I was being spelling police :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here