Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Anyone suggesting Murray should be dropped just because they feel sorry for Hemed not getting much game time needs their head looking at.

I feel a bit sorry for Goldson, March and Hemed myself, but it's results that matter and changing a winning formula is nuts. All of them will get their chances over the next 6 weeks or so.

I totally agree. I am one of those you refer to and I feel like a little 5 year old kid for thinking that way.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
We did get 89 points last year with Hemed as the main man, but Murray is a far better goal scorer, there's no denying that. I would like to see Hemed start a couple of games over the next couple of months, as he does add something to the team but if anything just to give Murray a rest as we will need him at his best right up to the last game of the season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I do wonder if he'll go out on loan in January. Obviously Chris Hughton wouldn't want him to but I get the feeling that Hemed just wants to play football and that was shown in his celebration. Somewhere like Sunderland now that Duncan Watmore is out for the season? He's a proven international striker.

We already have enough issues with only 3 strikers. There is 0 chance of us allowing him to go on loan unless we sin 2 strikers in January. He can't get in our side so don't see anyone in the PL wanting him either.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
I think it is utterly pointless in playing Murray away. Nearly half the season gone & no away goals is unacceptable. Start Tomer & bring on Murray if need be. It's a no brainer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that CH might have brought him on earlier perhaps half time or just after to protect Murray who was on a yellow and committed a number of petty fouls nothing serious but the ref could have got fed up penalising him and given him another yellow card.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thirded :)

Makes perfect sense. If & it's a big if we don't go up it will be down to the away form & lack of goals. Time for the manager to make the right decision - surely?
Make the right decision ? Seriously are you stupid ?

Plus 19 goal difference and 2nd in the league. If we are not creating many chances than that's hardly Murrray's fault. Hughton is very conservative away from home but it is currently working.

Don't forget if we are not creating many chances it really isn't the place for Hemed who needs about 3 chances to score a goal unlike Murray.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think it is utterly pointless in playing Murray away. Nearly half the season gone & no away goals is unacceptable. Start Tomer & bring on Murray if need be. It's a no brainer

You have no idea do you ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hemed is a good squad player and a player i quite like but he can also be frustrating missing good chances. A fit and inform Murray should always be ahead of Hemed in the pecking order.It's no brainier.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

4 wins, 4 draws and just 1 defeat on the road this season. Murray plays a MASSIVE part in leading the line, his skill and experience in holding up the ball, helping us retain possession, absorb pressure and go to these places to pick up points is a huge factor in just how cuffing hard to beat we are away from home.

But no, you just look at the "goals for" column, and simply deduce that he must be shit. Thankfully Hughton has half a clue about these things.

The only "no brainer" is posts like yours. Have a word with yourself.

Last edited:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I do wonder if he'll go out on loan in January. Obviously Chris Hughton wouldn't want him to but I get the feeling that Hemed just wants to play football and that was shown in his celebration. Somewhere like Sunderland now that Duncan Watmore is out for the season? He's a proven international striker.

Don't be silly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm getting obsessed by Tomer inability to give the ball a right good thwhacking.

The moment he launches a thunderb******d, through the goalies face, into the back of the net, I'll be a very happy man.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I thought he looked sharp when he came on. His job is to be ready at any time. We know that injuries may be just around the corner so he will get his channce when players need resting or worse. It's brilliant that we have have him and he still has an important job to do, which is exactly what he did yesterday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm getting obsessed by Tomer inability to give the ball a right good thwhacking.

The moment he launches a thunderb******d, through the goalies face, into the back of the net, I'll be a very happy man.

Both he and Baldock's shots generally tend to be more "powder puff" than "thwack", no idea why. Although in fairness Baldock does occasionally pull out an absolute screamer.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Make the right decision ? Seriously are you stupid ?

Plus 19 goal difference and 2nd in the league. If we are not creating many chances than that's hardly Murrray's fault. Hughton is very conservative away from home but it is currently working.

Don't forget if we are not creating many chances it really isn't the place for Hemed who needs about 3 chances to score a goal unlike Murray.

Totally agree with this. I do wonder what would be good enough for some of the clowns on here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here