Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Delighted for him to get his goal last night! Would imagine he's probably been quite frustrated at the lack of game time he's been getting. Of course it's justified as Murray is different class but think Tomer could still have a big role to play especially with two games in a week coming up. Murray has yet to break his duck away from home this season so it's encouraging to see Hemed looking sharp in reserve.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Yes he looked good when he came on, held the ball up well

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I love Tomer Hemed as a player. I think he works very hard and closes down well from the front and I have been disappointed that he hasn't started as many games. Tonight; however, I thought his body language was a bit strange when he came on. Even when he scored the penalty I didn't see great delight in his face. I think that showed his frustration at not getting as much game time as he would like.

I would like to see the Manager give him a bit more game time just to keep his spirits and confidence up but you can't knock him for his selections because Murray scores when he has been in the side so he is scoring and scoring goals for him keeps him confident. It's a really difficult balancing act but is was nice to see Tomer get a goal when he did come on.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thought he looked really good. Especially after not playing much for ages.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Murray can't score away from home then maybe start with Hemed!!!!
I jokingly said that a week or 2 ago.
As stupid ideas on NSC go, Murray at home and Hemed away, well there's been worse.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As Murray can't score away from home then maybe start with Hemed!!!!

Have you been to any away games? The issue isn't Murray, it's the whole team. Swap Hemed for Murray if you like but if the team play the same way he won't get any more goals.

Murray is he better player by some margin and should therefore play whenever possible.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I jokingly said that a week or 2 ago.
As stupid ideas on NSC go, Murray at home and Hemed away, well there's been worse.

Hard to drop Murray. I am astounded by his work rate these days, he was bloody everywhere last night. Much better in the air then Hemed too. I am afraid Hemed is now just a good squad player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hard to drop Murray. I am astounded by his work rate these days, he was bloody everywhere last night. Much better in the air then Hemed too. I am afraid Hemed is now just a good squad player.
It was never the most sensible suggestion.

Although, (he says talking himself into it) it's a snickers and not a sprint so giving Tomer more of the workload ought to pay dividends in the spring.

Tomer was 'dead horse flogged' last season, I wouldn't want to make the same mistake with Murray now, esp with no current backup for Baldock.

Hemed's all round game has always been decent but he lacks the acceleration to play the Baldock role of moving defenders about and clearly him (and few others) can match Murray's weight of goals

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Anyone suggesting Murray should be dropped just because they feel sorry for Hemed not getting much game time needs their head looking at.

I feel a bit sorry for Goldson, March and Hemed myself, but it's results that matter and changing a winning formula is nuts. All of them will get their chances over the next 6 weeks or so.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Anyone suggesting Murray should be dropped just because they feel sorry for Hemed not getting much game time needs their head looking at.

I feel a bit sorry for Goldson, March and Hemed myself, but it's results that matter and changing a winning formula is nuts. All of them will get their chances over the next 6 weeks or so.

If Murray is left out he will be rested not dropped in order to protect his knee.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One of the challenges for CH keeping everyone happy especially those out of the team. However with the experience of the players yes they will be frustrated but also realistic that unless someone is injured or has a complete drop in form they will have to wait. However thete could be the odd player being rested for a game over the xmas period and when they come in the likes of Hemed need to remind everyone they can still play an important role.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Made his own penalty....lovely turn that got the Leeds player booked...penalty given from resultant free kick.....one mustn't forget the lovely punt by Stockers direct to TH in the first place

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Since he was out for a few games he has come back looking better than ever in the short time he's being given.

I think he should be given a start soon with the added benefit of giving Murray a rest.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I do wonder if he'll go out on loan in January. Obviously Chris Hughton wouldn't want him to but I get the feeling that Hemed just wants to play football and that was shown in his celebration. Somewhere like Sunderland now that Duncan Watmore is out for the season? He's a proven international striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here