Player ratings v Leeds (h)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 6 -- stroll in the park
Bruno 7 -- class
Duffy 7 -- strong
Dunk 7 -- class
Pocognoli 8 MotM -- fantastic full home debut, tired in second half, but great in the first, with some stunning passes. Deserves to keep his place on that performance
Knockaert 6 -- showing signs of coming back
Stephens 7 -- controlled
Norwood 7.5 -- jumped at his chance; two world-class free kicks that we (Duffy) should have scored from, a number of dangerous corners, some good pressing and quick in the tackle, and is the best passer of the ball in the squad
Murphy 7 -- set the pace with that first run, he's so direct. Hope his injury's not too bad
Baldock 7 -- usual brilliant movement and running that really stretched them
Murray 7 -- composed, but I did want him taken off earlier

March 6 -- good to see him, but he didn't do much
Hemed 8 -- he's such a cool penalty taker, and it was his sublime control and turn that drew the foul that led to the second penalty
Skalak n/a

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The analysts on Sky were critical of Norwood's free-kicks which you describe as first class. From those positions he needs to get the ball on target for the defenders to score. He does seem to be very good at taking set pieces though. I wonder who would take them if Skalak and Norwood were both on the field at the same time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Baldock was superb in the first half (either that or the leeds defenders were incredibly slow)
My reaction 15 minutes in was:-

'blimey they really don't like being ran at.
I guess that's why CH went for Knockaert and Murphy'.

I think we can safely say they were slow, but without the tactical skill we've become accustom too.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 6
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 8
Pocognoli - 7
Knockaert - 6
Stephens - 6
Norwood - 6
Murphy - 7
Baldock - 8 MoM
Murray - 8

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The analysts on Sky were critical of Norwood's free-kicks which you describe as first class. From those positions he needs to get the ball on target for the defenders to score. He does seem to be very good at taking set pieces though. I wonder who would take them if Skalak and Norwood were both on the field at the same time.

My Reading fan friends at their website The Tilehurst End told me when we signed him "just don't let him take set pieces". Despite that I thought his were dangerous today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 6
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 8
Pocognoli - 7
Knockaert - 6
Stephens - 6
Norwood - 6
Murphy - 7
Baldock - 8 MoM
Murray - 8

I'd have marked Stephens a bit higher but those look about right to me. Baldock was definitely my MotM, he was pulling defenders all over the place. He just pipped Dunk, who was coolness personified

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 7

Bruno 7
Dunk 8
Duffy 7
Pocognoli 8

Norwood 8
Stephens 7
Murphy 8
Knockaert 7

Murray 7
Baldock 7

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bruno 7 -- class
Duffy 7 -- strong
Dunk 7 -- class
Pocognoli 8 MotM -- fantastic full home debut, tired in second half, but great in the first, with some stunning passes. Deserves to keep his place on that performance
Stephens 7 -- controlled
Norwood 7.5 -- jumped at his chance; two world-class free kicks that we (Duffy) should have scored from, a number of dangerous corners, some good pressing and quick in the tackle, and is the best passer of the ball in the squad
Murphy 7 -- set the pace with that first run, he's so direct. Hope his injury's not too bad

Hemed 8 -- he's such a cool penalty taker, and it was his sublime control and turn that drew the foul that led to the second penalty
Skalak n/a

Pretty much agree with this, although would rate Baldock and Duffy a bit higher.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Norwood was my MOTM tonight. Very efficient performance, kept us moving constantly and harried their midfield. Personally I thought his set pieces were good, Duffy could easily have scored two or three tonight.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I'd have marked Stephens a bit higher but those look about right to me. Baldock was definitely my MotM, he was pulling defenders all over the place. He just pipped Dunk, who was coolness personified

Yep. Him and Dunk were outstanding but Sam pipped it for me. His long run in the team is paying off.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Dunk was MOTM for me , his ability to dominate attackers sets whole tone for the game. Spoke to some LEDs fans after and they thought Dunk was brilliantas we'll.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Dunk - 9

Stephens - 8
Murray - 8

Duffy - 7.5
Bruno - 7.5
Baldock - 7.5

Pocognoli - 7
Stockdale - 7
Norwood - 7
Murphy - 7
Knockaert - 7

Hughton - 8

A strange game where I feel we never really got out of 3rd gear (as to be quite honest we never needed to). Almost felt like cruise control at times.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I watch Sam Baldock and wonder, doesn't run direct, struggles to get any shots off with power or accuracy, is second to the ball, doesn't have great control, is easily pushed of the ball and runs around a lot ineffectually. With a decent partner for Murray we would be away at the top now. Its an opinion and I really want him to score, but for me he doesn't cut it. I hear he was Sky MOM, what for, just can't see it.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Bruno 7 -- class
Duffy 7 -- strong
Dunk 7 -- class
Stephens 7 -- controlled

Skalak n/a

Norwood passing is not good , gives the ball away too much ,no way is he the best passer in the squad

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 7
Bruno 7
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Pocognoli 7
Norwood 7
Stephens 8
Knockaert 6