Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not playing well but....

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I thought we played well tonight. Not at our absolute best but didn't give them a sniff all night and played some decent football. Hope someone remembered to wake Stockdale up after the game.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I thought we played well tonight. Not at our absolute best but didn't give them a sniff all night and played some decent football. Hope someone remembered to wake Stockdale up after the game.
To slow getting forward and the real weak spot is the midfield at times....but sidwell rested and refreshed helps:clap2:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not playing well? Rubbish! It's not spectacular, but it is solid. We don't give other teams a sniff.
I mean attacking and having the zip we normally had earlier in the season...The defence is ridiculously good which is a huge huge plus.

I don't recall their keeper being tested tonight as much as he should've considering they had 10 men and thought we were a bit complacent at times.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I agree. We seem to be doing what we have to, if we had pushed on more attacking then we would have left gaps at the back and possibly let Leeds in. What we did tonight was stay structured and not let Leeds have a sniff, SOLID as you like.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Don't think it was a bad performance by any means, but we were definitely lacking fluency going forward. I can't imagine anyone enjoyed the second half but Stockdale had naff all to do and we were generally pretty comfortable. What really pleases me is that as an outfit we look more formidable this season. Last year we simply couldn't live without Kayal in the team but we've been without him for a while and Sidwell/Norwood have played their part. Duffy looks absolutely outstanding, Dunk is on another level from last year (can't remember the last time he made a mistake), Bruno seems to have got even better, Pocognoli filled in really well this eve, Stephens continues to provide a lot of stability in the middle, Murphy is direct and hard to play against, Murray and Baldock are still working really well as a pair. We'd be doing pretty well if tonight's starting XI were our first choice team but to think we've got big players that have been absent/on the bench to return makes me feel very good about the rest of the season. I'd say pretty much every player that was with us last year has improved, and our summer signings have proved huge upgrades on what we had before.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We were extremely professional tonight and beat the form team of the division easily. No negative substitutions like earlier in the season. Even with 11 men WE made them look ordinary.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
As I have stated on another thread we could have gone for the throat many times tonight but we lacked interest sometimes . . . . might have been because we played towards the NS in the 1st half and were slightly confused.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Decent game management if you ask me. Save the energy of the players for the other two games in the next nine games.

The boys didn't NEED to give it everything tonight. Got the early goal and then controlled the game. Anyone who thinks it would be the same performance if it was 0-0 at half time and playing against 11 men is crazy.

One game at a time.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I was getting worried that it could turn into a really tense finish if we didn't press on and make it comfortable with a second goal . Luckily we got another penalty but would have liked us to have been a bit more attackjng to get the 2 goal cushion

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Decent game management if you ask me. Save the energy of the players for the other two games in the next nine games.

The boys didn't NEED to give it everything tonight. Got the early goal and then controlled the game. Anyone who thinks it would be the same performance if it was 0-0 at half time and playing against 11 men is crazy.

One game at a time.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Absolutely this. We don't have to win every game 5-0 but we were still far too good for a side who were supposedly on top form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's great winning when in bad form performance wise:D:D:D
Don't think we looked like scoring bar the penalties....really need kayal back:cool:

Duffy's offside hit the net, Murray back post should have been better directed, Norwoods two free kicks left the keeper in no mans land... didn't look like scoring?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here