Brighton v Leeds

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Friday 9th December 2016
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Andy Garratt, Ian Hussin
Fourth official: Steve Martin

Brighton will go top of the Championship table if they beat Leeds on Friday, but will be without suspended left-back Gaetan Bong.

Sebastien Pocognoli is in line to replace the Cameroonian, who was sent off in Saturday's 0-0 draw at Cardiff.

Leeds midfielder Eunan O'Kane (groin) is a doubt, but defender Liam Cooper could return after ankle trouble.

Ex-Albion midfielder Liam Bridcutt and forward Pablo Hernandez are both back in training after injury lay-offs.

Brighton are aiming to extend their unbeaten run to 14 league games, and a draw against the Whites would move them level on points with leaders Newcastle.

Midfielder Beram Kayal is on the mend after an ankle injury but centre-back Uwe Hunemeier is sidelined with a broken hand and right-back Liam Rosenior (ankle) is still out.

Garry Monk's Leeds, who have won five of their last six in the Championship, are seven points behind the Seagulls and victory at the Amex Stadium would put them third in the table.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton have won their last three home league games against Leeds, scoring seven and conceding none.
    [*=left]Indeed, Leeds have lost each of their last five league games against Brighton - one more will equal their joint-second worst losing run against another side in league competition (6 vs Cardiff, Huddersfield, Man City and Preston).
    [*=left]Brighton have kept the most clean sheets in the Championship this season (12).
    [*=left]Leeds have won three consecutive away matches for the first time since February 2015.
    [*=left]Brighton have won nine of their last 13 Championship matches and are unbeaten in that period (D4).
    [*=left]Chris Wood has netted 10 league goals for Leeds this season; no other player has scored more than twice for the club.

The Big Match Preview: Spotlight on Leeds United

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In terms of line-up, the key question is who plays out wide. Bizarrely, some seem keen to leave Knockaert out. Not only does this seem unlikely, the interviews this week seem to point towards him starting. So out of Skalak and Murphy, I'd much rather it was WJM. All other positions pick themselves with Pocognoli replacing the suspended Bong.
The only other issue is substitutes, with Towell, Hunt or Ince in the running. Hunt seems the likeliest, although I do quite like the idea of Towell for a different option.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't know why, but I am nervous about tonight. Almost to the point where I'd be happy with a draw. Don't know what's happened to me :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What time train are we all getting ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
3-2 Murray to score last

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Don't know why, but I am nervous about tonight. Almost to the point where I'd be happy with a draw. Don't know what's happened to me :shrug:

I've been the same recently, But then i realised why.. It's the constant repeat of chris hughton in after match interviews, saying "we were not at our best".

I don't know if chris means this, but it does seem like were just playing piss poor for a whole half every game now. The first halves against Fulham and then cardiff have me a bit concerned.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Big game this, their fans will be very vocal from the get go, we need to match them.....

Having said that if their all waiting at Victoria to catch a train down here then maybe there could be a few empty seats, although I would not want to be in their way when they get pissed off if their late or stuck somewhere....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've been the same recently, But then i realised why.. It's the constant repeat of chris hughton in after match interviews, saying "we were not at our best".

I don't know if chris means this, but it does seem like were just playing piss poor for a whole half every game now. The first halves against Fulham and then cardiff have me a bit concerned.

You could add the Villa game

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
What time do the concourses open? For the first time ever I find myself in a situation where I will be at the ground very early.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Bizarrely, some seem keen to leave Knockaert out.

Probably due to a couple of slightly subdued performances - understandably. However when you look at our form over the past few games, it's been lower than usual - again coinciding with Anthony's absence. He's a game changer and must-start for me.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I was worried about this game, but then I realised - bar Aston Villa, Leeds haven't exactly had a tough run recently, with games against Wolves, Norwich, Burton and Rotherham in their last 6 games, which isn't tough for anyone, espeically with most of those teams in BAD form...

I'm optimistic we're coming away with 3 points tonight!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
One potential small issue after the game - the missus has passed a sign twice in the last couple of days stating that the slip road south onto the A27 will be closed from 8pm... So I guess everything will be diverted via the Lewes roundabout but presuming as well as the slip road closed, there'll be cones and stuff on the A27 itself. Not the best timing for this but I guess there isn't a problem as we've got such a world class train service locally so everyone will prefer to use that method of transport rather than car/bus/coach...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
One potential small issue after the game - the missus has passed a sign twice in the last couple of days stating that the slip road south onto the A27 will be closed from 8pm... So I guess everything will be diverted via the Lewes roundabout but presuming as well as the slip road closed, there'll be cones and stuff on the A27 itself. Not the best timing for this but I guess there isn't a problem as we've got such a world class train service locally so everyone will prefer to use that method of transport rather than car/bus/coach...

Works delayed until midnight. see (many) other threads...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here