Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Anthony Joshua Journey

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm a fan, he's a big strong lad.
However, it's getting to the stage where I can't bear to hear him trot out all the same old cliche's every time.
"It's part of my journey", "I'm writing a legacy" Blah Blah Blah.

More like X-Factor.

I think people are looking forward to Chisora - Whyte more than the latest step in Joshua's Journey.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm a fan, he's a big strong lad.
However, it's getting to the stage where I can't bear to hear him trot out all the same old cliche's every time.
"It's part of my journey", "I'm writing a legacy" Blah Blah Blah.

More like X-Factor.

I think people are looking forward to Chisora - Whyte more than the latest step in Joshua's Journey.

There has been so much hype around Joshua its easy to forget that this is only his 18th pro fight.

Everything will change with the next fight, Joshua vs Klitschko will be the biggest heavyweight fight for years.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
We do like to hype up our own, however I think AJ is looking the real deal. I expect him to dispose of Molina within 3 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Boxing weigh-ins are full of this bull just to hype up the fights. It wouldn't surprise me if the trash-talking was written in the contracts.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I think a fit and focussed Fury beats Joshua comfortably and Haye would be a real threat.

Can't stand Eddie Hearn and starting to dislike Joshua too. A record so far built on steamrolling bums.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Boxing - a sport that used to be good; now a bit of a joke sport which
nobody really takes seriously, like wrestling.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Boxing - a sport that used to be good; now a bit of a joke sport which
nobody really takes seriously, like wrestling.

Pretty much this. It's become a circus with handbags at press conferences when the actual fight offers no more than seen at the presser.

Less talk more action.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pretty much this. It's become a circus with handbags at press conferences when the actual fight offers no more than seen at the presser.

Less talk more action.

Yeah the trash talking helps sell fights but you don't have to buy into it , At the end of the day it all comes down to 2 men in a ring .

Boxing is in great shape and domestically it's a great scene .

Easy for people to moan about it but I find it's mostly people that are not into it that do that .

Boxing is thriving

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
So I turn on SSN news & the first thing I hear is AJ telling us it's just another step in his journey.
Anyone rip up PPV for that? If so at least you got your money's worth with the undercard!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah the trash talking helps sell fights but you don't have to buy into it , At the end of the day it all comes down to 2 men in a ring .

Boxing is in great shape and domestically it's a great scene .

Easy for people to moan about it but I find it's mostly people that are not into it that do that .

Boxing is thriving

Exactly this! 11 British world champions, the biggest gate ever seen for a boxing event in the UK for Froch vs Groves 2 at wembley which is soon to be beaten with Joshua vs Klitschko, packed arenas up and down the country and the biggest international names like GGG coming over to the UK to fight, some great fights like Chisora vs Whyte last night.....I can't remember boxing in the UK ever being in such a healthy state. The only thing missing perhaps is that the big fights are no longer on terrestrial TV, but that is the same situation with most sports these days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think a fit and focussed Fury beats Joshua comfortably and Haye would be a real threat.

Can't stand Eddie Hearn and starting to dislike Joshua too. A record so far built on steamrolling bums.

Was there ever such a thing as a fit and focussed Fury? If there was, it was a long time ago. Anthony Joshua is, I think, the future of British heavyweight boxing.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Can't moan at boxing in it's current state.
So many top British boxers on the scene, including a new, young, unbeaten heavyweight who is already at the top of his game after only 18 fights.
The Middleweight division is also huge.

Moaners moan as they can't watch it for free anymore, or that AJ isn't throwing handbags in the pressers, but then moan when handbags are thrown in the pressers.
Big irk for me is people saying AJ is fighting bums.

Last 3 fights:
Charles Martin (Who held the belt - yes and he ended up being absolute shite, but he still had the belt)
Dominic Breazeale (17 fights, 17 wins, 15 by KO - perfect match for AJ, also on 17, 17 - Also, Breazeale held the WBC Continental Americas heavyweight title)
Eric Molina (was the highest ranked fighter that AJ could actually fight, everyone else was already tied up)

Can't moan now that he's now moved up to the elite level, after only 18 fights.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Joshua is a con man fighting bums , his best opponent Dillian Whyte struggled to beat a past it Chisora who was spanked by Fury when he was in his prime. I'll give you a bit of breaking news , next April sometime on SSN it will be announced Klitchsko is injured and will be retiring and his place against Joshua at Wembley Stadium will be taken by a Latvian roadsweeper ranked 57 by the WBO but who once emptied the bin of Larry Holmes and is the BIGGEST ever threat that Joshua will face.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Joshua is a con man fighting bums , his best opponent Dillian Whyte struggled to beat a past it Chisora who was spanked by Fury when he was in his prime. I'll give you a bit of breaking news , next April sometime on SSN it will be announced Klitchsko is injured and will be retiring and his place against Joshua at Wembley Stadium will be taken by a Latvian roadsweeper ranked 57 by the WBO but who once emptied the bin of Larry Holmes and is the BIGGEST ever threat that Joshua will face.

You are a Stupid IDIOT.
Ernest OUT.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

At least it wont be against Fury who got lucky with a verdict once.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I think that a fully fit and focussed Fury would possibly last longer than AJ fight last night but not much longer possibly 2 rounds longer.

Can you tell me how many times you have seen a full fight with either Fury or Joshua. I seem to recall you mentioned you don't watch a lot of boxing, so I'm perplexed on how certain you are that Joshua wins. How are you forming this opinion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here