Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dreams

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Before anyone starts with 'I thought this was a thread about Fleetwood Mac', has anyone ever had a dream about the Goldstone Ground? It came up in conversation recently about odd dreams we've had - usually after eating cheese or (for me) drinking white wine.

We all get dreams about days at school or work (the universal fear of being late or not being fully dressed), or other places from our past but does the Goldstone Ground ever come up in your dreams?

Just curious, like.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If I said that it had, it would be a little lie.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
In the build up to the Amex opening I had a couple of dreams about that. The west stand was like a cinema. You watched the game on a screen and there were only a few balconies over looking the actual pitch.

But to answer your question, no, I haven't.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have over the years had a number of Albion related dreams. They range from trying to get into a football ground to see a match to watching a football match all the way to playing for Albion. In all of them the ground in which the game is played shares some features with the Goldstone (it's never Withdean, or Priestfield or the Amex) but is always slightly or vastly different. The most recent one was a couple of years ago, when I was a spectator at an important match (can't recall HOW important, but it was probably a playoff game) and we score 3 goals in about 5 minutes before I woke up....

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I used to. During the 'Glory Years' (specifically before we got promoted to the top division in 1979) I often used to dream that I was going to Brighton home matches and the ground was decrepit (even more than it was in reality) and there was virtually no one there. Spooky premonition eh?

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I dreamt before the season started that we would go up via the playoffs this season !

SORRY........

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I closed my eyes, drew back the curtain
To see for certain what I thought I knew
Far far away, someone was weeping
But the world was sleeping
Amex dream will do

I wore my shirt, with blue & white striping
Bright colors shining, wonderful and new
And in the east, the dawn was breaking
And NSC was waking
Amex dream will do

A crash of drums, a flash of light
My blue & white shirt came into sight
The colors shined in floodlights
I was not alone

May I return to the beginning
The light is growing, and the dream is too
The world and I, we are still waiting
Still promotion
Amex dream will do

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I get the common dreams like teeth falling out or being humiliated by a group of girls in nazi uniforms but none about the Goldstone. That strikes me as odd

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have never had a dream about football, maybe I'm not much of a fan :shrug:

However cheese dreams, really are quite fun, just like Niquitin influenced dreams.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Funnily enough I have had a few dreams about the Goldstone and it is always the same thing, I dream that it is still there but not in use however the Albion play one game there a season. Really odd and pretty pointless but there you go.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I dream about the dead body, wrapped in a carpet, that I put in the attic. The problem is I can't remember who it is. This wakes me up sweating. No time to dream of the Goldstone.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I get the common dreams like teeth falling out or being humiliated by a group of girls in nazi uniforms but none about the Goldstone. That strikes me as odd

Good way to describe our far right NSC contributors. Nothing to worry about. Just your sub conscious mind preparing for the constant battle of good over evil.
I'd book an appointment at the dentist though.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I dreamt before the season started that we would go up via the playoffs this season !

SORRY........

Last year I dreamt that we lost in the playoffs. To Sheffield Wednesday.

It was in late Feb last year as I recall telling a work colleague (who happens to support them) at the game against Wednesday in March.

I have not had any dreams predicting the end of this season, yet.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I had a dream a few weeks back that we had got promoted. I was quite annoyed when I woke up. And last year I dreamt that I was out on a pub crawl with Inigo Calderon when he received a call from Leo Ulloa who had been sold by Leicester to Spartak Moscow. Leo was complaining that the weather was really cold and that all the fans were racist so Inigo was trying to persuade him to come back to Brighton.

Make of that what you will.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here