Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Which part of the supermarket do you NEVER visit

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I wandered the aisles of Tesco last night, it dawned on me that I NEVER visit the tinned fruit section. I don't think I've ever had tinned fruit in my house, although it was always there at my Mum's. It probably still is...

Am I missing much? Is it worth swinging past next week to take a look?

Which bit do you give the swerve to?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am an infrequent visitor to feminine hygiene, baby products and dog food etc... with occasional exceptions for requested/urgent purchases for our daughters dog, my wife and our granddaughter.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
As I wandered the aisles of Tesco last night, it dawned on me that I NEVER visit the tinned fruit section. I don't think I've ever had tinned fruit in my house, although it was always there at my Mum's. It probably still is...
?

I still buy tinned peaches from time to time. Very good.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Fizzy Drinks
There's a whole corner of our Tesco that does massive bottles and multipacks of Coke etc.

I never go there.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Am I missing much? Is it worth swinging past next week to take a look?

Which bit do you give the swerve to?

Some tinned peaches in syrup or pineapple with ice cream was a standard pudding while growing up... bloody lovely

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Boots style makeup section isn't a popular one for me, and I only every pass through the baby care section to get somewhere else. Actually, in the West Durrington store, much of the 'section on the right' including magazines, through to electricals only get visited infrequently.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The bottled water section. Shelves upon shelves of the bloody stuff. If I want a drink of water I go this marvellous invention in my kitchen called a tap.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The bottled water section. Shelves upon shelves of the bloody stuff. If I want a drink of water I go this marvellous invention in my kitchen called a tap.

How many taps do you have and how much did they cost you?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A bit obscure for a Friday, but when in NSC.
I always avoid the cake area, especially when all pie and bed testers start jostling for position when the bargain stickers are put on said items :eek:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Feminine hygiene is an aisle i don't bother with
Price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. I repeat: price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. That's Vagiclean. We've got a customer down here with a full-on fallopian fungus. She's baking a loaf of bread and I think it's sourdough.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought everyone shopped at farmer's markets or Fresh and Wild?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I still buy tinned peaches from time to time. Very good.

That's my childhood right there. Tinned peaches (in syrup, not fruit juice), pears, pineapple rings, mandarin segments and even strawberries.

I wonder if this was priming me for a life of cider drinking?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That's my childhood right there. Tinned peaches (in syrup, not fruit juice), pears, pineapple rings, mandarin segments and even strawberries.

I wonder if this was priming me for a life of cider drinking?

To much sugar in tinned fruit. Grab the frozen stuff, in Bursledon Towers it's hidden opposite the frozen Avocados. Mmmm.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here