Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Job vacancy: Foreign Secretary?

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
So Boris sticks his knife into the Saudsi and Number 10 has to bring out a statement saying that the Foreign Secretary's comments are not Government policy.. Has the loose cannon finally gone too far? In years gone by it would be a cast iron sacking

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So Boris sticks his knife into the Saudsi and Number 10 has to bring out a statement saying that the Foreign Secretary's comments are not Government policy.. Has the loose cannon finally gone too far? In years gone by it would be a cast iron sacking

It's OK because it's just Boris being Boris.... I'm sure he was just going through his thoughts at the time and that he had probably decided that the Saudi's were a great bunch of people and that he had miss-quoted himself...

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Spectacular slap down on Bo Jo. The guy is incapable of discretion. Ironically in this case he was actually telling the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm pretty sure he was given the gig so that he would fail, be sacked and disappear. All going to plan so far.

Ironically he was speaking the truth this time.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Really is the wrong person for any key ministerial post , unless it was the Ministry of Gaffes & F*** Ups

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's OK because it's just Boris being Boris.... I'm sure he was just going through his thoughts at the time and that he had probably decided that the Saudi's were a great bunch of people and that he had miss-quoted himself...

At least he refrained from calling them sand n*****s, or rag heads

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
To be fair - what he said was true. It's just successive UK governments have supported a despicable regime all in the name of oil.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm pretty sure he was given the gig so that he would fail, be sacked and disappear. All going to plan so far.

Ironically he was speaking the truth this time.

And i am pretty sure you are right but if there is any position you do not put an utter goon in its foreign secretary, its the one position (apart from PM) you need to be ultra diplomatic, what the hell was that old bag May thinking of, especially as we need to do trade with other countries.
Can you imagine Trump and Boris trying to thrash a deal out both trying to to do whats best for their countries.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
He's a fvcking embarrassment, his barnet alone should disqualify him from holding office , and I'm not joking .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apparently his appointment was a mistake anyway. May wrote 'tell Boris F Off' next to his name on a list she had when she was appointed leader and one of her lackeys misinterpreted this as meaning 'Foreign Office'.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Doing trade deals with people like the Saudis will become ever more important to the UK in this brave new world we're creating for ourselves. Sack Johnson now - he half-pretended to be a Leaver to get the gig and deserves nothing. And we don't deserve him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

A job for HBB?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so we're knocking Boris for being right and saying what many have wanted to say to Saudis publicly for some time. a gaff by normal diplomatic standards, but is this the new way of doing things, to be honest?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
so we're knocking Boris for being right and saying what many have wanted to say to Saudis publicly for some time. a gaff by normal diplomatic standards, but is this the new way of doing things, to be honest?

I have to say I can't think of a single other poster who is contrary and argumentative in such a dull and humourless manner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here