Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gig Ticket Help

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So I don't fall foul of the very necessary NSC advertising rules I won't mention the gig or date.

I have two tickets and a hotel booking for a very sought after gig next year.

Due to very poor planning on my part we now cannot make it, I won't have to advertise the tickets anywhere as we'll have friends that can take them but due to rules on black market tickets do you have to be the person who purchased the ticket to get in etc?

Any advice appreciated.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
deleted...... My misunderstood sarcasm has got me in enough trouble this year!

I was reading something the other day about anti-touting measures and one of which would be that you'd use the credit card used to buy the ticket with each ticket to gain access.

Yes, you're right, I don't get out much, haven't been to a "gig" in years and thought I'd ask the question. As I've offered advice to people previously on things I understood I thought someone may have an answer for me, or perhaps not.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Depends on who the gig is for. Some such as David Gilmour require the lead purchaser to provide photo ID when gaining entry people with tickets brought in the same transaction dont but must arrive at the same time as the photo ID person.
Otherwise no checks and tickets can be passed over.
I woukd look at the booking conditions or the tickets which shoukd be clear if ID is required.

I was reading something the other day about anti-touting measures and one of which would be that you'd use the credit card used to buy the ticket with each ticket to gain access.

Yes, you're right, I don't get out much, haven't been to a "gig" in years and thought I'd ask the question. As I've offered advice to people previously on things I understood I thought someone may have an answer for me, or perhaps not.

I never said you don't get out much. Look I just responded in haste then removed it. Anti touting measures are just window dressing, Ticketmaster, promoters, bands, The FA, FIFA don't give two knobs of goat shit who presents the ticket as long as they get their money. I've been to several matches and gigs with that idle threat given and in really 10 minutes before kick off with a pissed up queue forming they're barely checking tickets let alone Barclaycard statements

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Seems Kraftwerk are cracking down

Please note that there are strict terms of entry for this performance:

The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket.

The lead booker must be in attendance and photo ID checks will be made on entry into the venue. If the ID does not match entry will be refused.

If you are booking more than one ticket your guest must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. Failure to do so will result in the guest being turned away.

Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being cancelled.

There are no exceptions to this rule.

Seems Kraftwerk are cracking down

Please note that there are strict terms of entry for this performance:

The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket.

The lead booker must be in attendance and photo ID checks will be made on entry into the venue. If the ID does not match entry will be refused.

If you are booking more than one ticket your guest must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. Failure to do so will result in the guest being turned away.

Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being cancelled.

There are no exceptions to this rule.

It will be interesting to see if this happens, despite my cynicism it's a good move if it deters touts and ensures real fans are paying face value for the briefs

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I never said you don't get out much. Look I just responded in haste then removed it. Anti touting measures are just window dressing, Ticketmaster, promoters, bands, The FA, FIFA don't give two knobs of goat shit who presents the ticket as long as they get their money. I've been to several matches and gigs with that idle threat given and in really 10 minutes before kick off with a pissed up queue forming they're barely checking tickets let alone Barclaycard statements

Cool, thanks for that, I'd guessed that might be the case but just wanted to make sure they hadn't got their act together, excuse the pun!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ticket sites are under pressure to do more to stop second market.

Ticketmaster are only sending tickets out via email today for a gig at Electric Brixton tonight + tomorrow night and are saying ID will be checked on all tickets at the door. As mentioned a few bands are insisting on much tougher ID checks to stop second market.

All going in the right direction, but more ticket agents need to offer a FAIR, face value resell mechanism like Resident Advisor offer.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I bought Adele tickets yesterday for my partners xmas present, and I have to say the security on them is tight. I have to be present, with my credit card as I'm the named holder of the tickets. Not surprisingly on ticket scalping sites these very same tickets are fetching 10x the face value I paid, so it's easy to see why these measures are in place. Scalpers are bloody scumbags

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm going to the O2 tonight to a gig which says along the lines of photo ID of the lead booker must be shown as you enter. Will report back as to whether they actually check my ID on the way in or as I suspect I will just show my ticket and be in.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I bought Adele tickets yesterday for my partners xmas present, and I have to say the security on them is tight. I have to be present, with my credit card as I'm the named holder of the tickets. Not surprisingly on ticket scalping sites these very same tickets are fetching 10x the face value I paid, so it's easy to see why these measures are in place. Scalpers are bloody scumbags

so if you decided to buy these as a present ..... you are basically stuffed if you had no intention of accompanying... ? got visions of girly gigs full of really pissed of other halves who had to come as they bought the tickets

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
It will be interesting to see if this happens, despite my cynicism it's a good move if it deters touts and ensures real fans are paying face value for the briefs

I have been to two gigs where it said ID of lead ticketholder would be required (and yes name of lead was printed on both tickets)

Royal Blood at Brixton Academy - yes our ID was checked but it was a bit random and some (most) people just walked in.
Chvrches at Ally Pally - no checks at all

I am still amazed of how easily touts get tickets for these big gigs!

Jul 7, 2003
Iron Maiden tickets next year you have to have the credit card holder present and if you ordered multiple tickets, all of the party have to enter together. They will have a period nearer the gig where if you are then unable to go, you can go through an official resale channel which will not rip off fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here