Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disabled fan praises Brighton Sky Sports

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sam plays for our power wheelchair teams.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
To my shame I didn't realise we had wheelchair positions on upper levels. Certainly the way forward and good to see not just pitchside in the rain. And good to see the enjoyment that this access provides

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Being named Sam Elliott is something to live up to, though.

16ELLIOTTJP-master675-v2.jpg

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
What a heart warming clip. Hats off to the lad, his dad and the club. Makes me feel very proud indeed to be part of a sincere and caring community club with a fantastic stadium and facilities for all. How lucky we are.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Love it. Brilliant. The club got it right again...

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Excellent stuff by the club in many areas of the ground. Just hope the small minority of fans who tut and moan at aways such as Reading when asked to sit down in front of similar sections to allow viewing now appreciate the situation.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Lovely stuff.

Excellent stuff by the club in many areas of the ground. Just hope the small minority of fans who tut and moan at aways such as Reading when asked to sit down in front of similar sections to allow viewing now appreciate the situation.

The "situation" is, of course, that the Madejski Stadium is not as well designed as the Amex - despite the fact that both are relatively new.

There should be no reason why a wheelchair-user's view should ever be obscured by someone standing in front of them.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The "situation" is, of course, that the Madejski Stadium is not as well designed as the Amex - despite the fact that both are relatively new.

There should be no reason why a wheelchair-user's view should ever be obscured by someone standing in front of them.

Fair point, when it happens next time I shall march right round to the designer and put him right.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm going to call out a few stars in the Albion disabled community: Lord Bracknell, Lindfield by the Pond, Herr Thump...all done great work in this area.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Thanks for sharing that wonderful and heart warming video.
It's great to see the match day experience of a disabled fan, no different to the able-bodied fans amongst us really.
Well done the club and the stewards.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Lovely video.
Were do disabled away fans sit in the stadium? Would love to hear the views of away fans in respect of disability views.
It wasn't so long ago that reports were saying the majority of clubs fail to properly provide adequate arrangements for disabled supporters so it nice to see Brighton making a real good effort :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lovely video.
Were do disabled away fans sit in the stadium? Would love to hear the views of away fans in respect of disability views.
It wasn't so long ago that reports were saying the majority of clubs fail to properly provide adequate arrangements for disabled supporters so it nice to see Brighton making a real good effort :)

There's a platform at the back of the South Stand towards the eastern corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here