Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose 25 million 2015/2016

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just plain staggering isn't it? Up the top of the table most of the time, big crowds, lots of Sky money and a MASSIVE loss year on year. Lucky it's not me bankrolling it, I would definitely walk away

*badfan*

Tony Bloom, I bowdown and give enormous thanks to you :bowdown:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Before any other fans start wading in with accusations

The accounts also show that the club has complied with Football League’s Financial Fair Play Rules for the period. Clubs voted to increase the level of permitted losses to £13m effective from the start of the 2015/16. Based on the operating loss adjusted for depreciation and allowable expenditure - such as our investment in our Category 1 academy - Albion will once again comply.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If we gain promotion the debt is repaid very quickly.
But for assistance would a lengthy cup run be welcomed

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Eye watering losses ,i guess the value of the likes LD/AK etc could cover the loss. It does make me wonder if ever the TV money ran dry...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Just plain staggering isn't it? Up the top of the table most of the time, big crowds, lots of Sky money and a MASSIVE loss year on year. Lucky it's not me bankrolling it, I would definitely walk away

*badfan*

Tony Bloom, I bowdown and give enormous thanks to you :bowdown:

Can I echo that? if the Albion do it at last this year, then I will be so pleased for Tony Bloom, who deserves promotion more than anyone.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Before any other fans start wading in with accusations

The accounts also show that the club has complied with Football League’s Financial Fair Play Rules for the period. Clubs voted to increase the level of permitted losses to £13m effective from the start of the 2015/16. Based on the operating loss adjusted for depreciation and allowable expenditure - such as our investment in our Category 1 academy - Albion will once again comply.

Are you watching QPR & Bournemouth, if there are any any lonely trolls watching :laugh:

If we gain promotion the debt is repaid very quickly.
But for assistance would a lengthy cup run be welcomed

Would it? Most of the tv income would be swallowed up by players wages!:moo: So if you are not prepared to throw £60 million plus into your championship side your not really got much of a chance of promotion,sky is limiting premiere success to big money clubs and the championship is following along. Sad really:down:

D

Deleted member 2719

This is just proof of what i have said in the past CH has been well and truly backed so let's hope he will get us over the line this time.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Wow. Knew our losses would large but that is quite staggering. It's a credit to Tony that he is prepared to back us to the hilt.
all fans are indebted to his commitment.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Are you watching QPR & Bournemouth, if there are any any lonely trolls watching :laugh:

Very telling too for those who suggested recently on here that we were now cheating and just as bad as those clubs because our losses would be higher so we couldnt possibly comply with ffp. I would bounce the thread but dont have the time to search for it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here