Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Monk in praise of Chris Hughton.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/12...erves-praise-for-brighton-counterpart/316393/

Leeds United hesd coach Garry Monk has reserved high praise for his Brighton counterpart Chris Hughton ahead of his side’s trip to the south coast club on Friday night.

Hughton, who has experience of taking Newcastle United from the Championship to the Premier League, is again putting up a formidable charge for promotion with Brighton.
Currently second in the league table, the Seagulls are one of the favourites to earn Premier League promotion this season and will be taking on an in-form Leeds this Friday night at home.

And Leeds boss Monk revealed his admiration for Hughton and admits that the former Tottenham defender has never failed to impress him.
He said in a press conference: "Every time I come across him he impresses me.
He's done a really good job down there."

The Leeds boss is expecting a tough test away at Brighton on Friday night, where a win will take his side to third in the Championship table momentarily.

"It's going to be another real difficult test but one we are all looking forward to."

The Whites suffered a chastening 4-0 defeat the last time they took on Brighton at the Amex in February this year.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Does not actually praise Houghton though does he, sounds more like....

If they lose "I warned you we might not win, they are 2nd after all"

If they win "I thought we might get something here, we have come along way since I got here"

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
JohnLennon-albums-mindgames.jpg

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Who cares what Monk says...What Chris will know is that it will be a very hard game against a team that is bang in form!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nobody ever has anything bad to say about CH cos he's a gent. Apart from some six fingered Naarwich inbreds of course but that just proves the point.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I wonder how they will set themselves up to play.
Park the bus and counter attack or play an open attacking game.
Not taken a great deal of interest in them but they are in form and good enough to play an attacking game which should make the match a corker.
I like Monk, Leeds are lucky to have him and I don't think he is a park the bus sort of guy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worried by Chris Wood, he seems to be back in form and he fecking loves scoring against us.

Monk seems to have done an excellent job with a club that everybody had written off as a continuing basket case earlier this season

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is a classically NSC schizophrenic thread. If Monk had even SLIGHTLY downplayed our brilliance or the majestry of our manager, there would have been the usual tired drivel about the "arrogance of the Champions of Europe" and rubbish like that. A manager speaks highly of Hughton and immediately it's dismissed as setting the expectation in case they lose.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I wonder how they will set themselves up to play.
Park the bus and counter attack or play an open attacking game.
Not taken a great deal of interest in them but they are in form and good enough to play an attacking game which should make the match a corker.
I like Monk, Leeds are lucky to have him and I don't think he is a park the bus sort of guy.

Flood the midfield is more his style .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Chris Hughton is going to prove the best manager we've ever had, but I have to say that personally I quite admire Garry Monk. I don't care whether he's praising our club or not (I really get fed up with thin skinned gimps worrying about whether an opposing manager praises the Albion sufficiently), but from afar it seems that Monk is a decent sort, good at his job and a reasonable man.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
They have a similar set up to us, Roofe behind Wood and play genuine wide men.

Will be a good game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here