Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal and Rosenior updates

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Beram Kayal has completed his second day of training. Liam Rosenior has five more days of rehab and then will resume training.

Good news with the Christmas fixtures coming up.
:albion2::albion2:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Beram Kayal has completed his second day of training. Liam Rosenior has five more days of rehab and then will resume training.

It sure is. And with March and LuaLua available again, it feels almost like having four new players in the Jan transfer window.

D

Deleted member 2719

Sauce please???

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Sauce please???

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14952081.Kayal_back_in_training_while_Rosenior_makes_progress/

Beram Kayal is back in training with Albion after ankle surgery.

Boss Chris Hughton revealed the midfielder completed a second day in training at Lancing today.

Meanwhile Liam Rosenior continues to make progress, also from an ankle injury.

Hughton said: “Liam has I think another five days of rehab running and will then be able to join the group.”

D

Deleted member 2719

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14952081.Kayal_back_in_training_while_Rosenior_makes_progress/

Beram Kayal is back in training with Albion after ankle surgery.

Boss Chris Hughton revealed the midfielder completed a second day in training at Lancing today.

Meanwhile Liam Rosenior continues to make progress, also from an ankle injury.

Hughton said: “Liam has I think another five days of rehab running and will then be able to join the group.”

Thanks for that, but i don't believe anything i read in the papers.

Apart from Brexit means Brexit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Liam won't be back until end of Jan at the earliest. It will be great to have him back for the run in.

I think he will be back and fit sooner than that - about a month. But depends on team selection of course... We've missed both at time - Kayal is our best central midfielder without doubt IMO...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think he will be back and fit sooner than that - about a month. But depends on team selection of course... We've missed both at time - Kayal is our best central midfielder without doubt IMO...

Think Kayal may need to be patient though. Siddy has done a pretty good job in his absence. Although I agree that Kayal and Stephens are possibly the best midfield combo in the Championship.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think Kayal may need to be patient though. Siddy has done a pretty good job in his absence. Although I agree that Kayal and Stephens are possibly the best midfield combo in the Championship.

Yep. Even if he's not starting at first (which he won't be) he'll be getting 20 mins here and there for sure. My point on Liam is its been 3 months out, not 12months so a month full training / game time in ressies should be more than enough to get him back up to speed.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

In my worthless opinion if anyone from centre mid is getting dropped it's Stephens. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality player, but he's a bit off the pacel at the moment, Sidwell has been magnificent of late.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In my worthless opinion if anyone from centre mid is getting dropped it's Stephens. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality player, but he's a bit off the pacel at the moment, Sidwell has been magnificent of late.

Agree on recent performances. Which is excellent by the way - as in its excellent we've proved there is life beyond Kayal & Stephens together due to Sidwell's excellent performances. At the start of the season it didn't work without Stephens but it will now I feel...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always had Kayal well well above Stephens (clearly the second best) in the centre midfield pecking order.

Once again DS has been given the chance to step up and be the midfield 'alpha', and I think once again he's come up short.
That's not to say he isn't very good, but this has happened enough times now to think the hasn't the dominating character, on the pitch.

With all that in mind, I'd be more than happy to drop Sidwell back to the bench in favour of getting Kayal & Stephens back together.
I don't imagine DS would be 'off the pace', with Kayal next to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here