Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Renegotiating Sky deal

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Just sharing my recent experience with Sky.

I took up sky originally with a 75% discount which was the full package for £20 per month for a year. The next year I renegotiated I ended up on about £35 p.m. I then let it slip and ended up on the full whack which was £85 p.m. I called to negotiate but they didn't offer a great deal so I quit.

About a week after the switch off they started calling me relentlessly asking me to return. I've answered a couple of times to see what they can offer so thought I would share this info just so those trying to negotiate know what can be offered.

They have offered 3 deals-

£24.50 pm for the whole package, all movies, sports, box sets, all in HD. (That's a 75% discount I think)

£18.50 pm for the whole package except the sports would not be in HD. (Again 75%)

£5 pm for all channels expect movies sports and box sets, nothing in HD.

If you're paying full price give them a call to negotiate a new deal. If you threaten to leave, in my experience the offer will normally be a 50%-75% discount. If they don't offer that and you do leave, they will then offer you 75%.

At present I'm probably going to go down the freeview/Kodi option and see how that pans out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What was cost with internet and phone ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I took up sky originally with a 75% discount which was the full package for £20 per month for a year. The next year I renegotiated I ended up on about £35 p.m. I then let it slip and ended up on the full whack which was £85 p.m. I called to negotiate but they didn't offer a great deal so I quit.

About a week after the switch off they started calling me relentlessly asking me to return. I've answered a couple of times to see what they can offer so thought I would share this info just so those trying to negotiate know what can be offered.

£24.50 pm for the whole package, all movies, sports, box sets, all in HD. (That's a 75% discount I think)

£18.50 pm for the whole package except the sports would not be in HD. (Again 75%)

If you're paying full price give them a call to negotiate a new deal. If you threaten to leave, in my experience the offer will normally be a 50%-75% discount. If they don't offer that and you do leave, they will then offer you 75%.

At present I'm probably going to go down the freeview/Kodi option and see how that pans out..

kicked sky into touch over a year ago and went down the BT route on one of their 12 month online " super " deals. saved loads for my personal preferences

had already planned to change again when the contract expired and knew who i was going to.....phoned BT just out of curiosity as to exactly when i needed to give notice and was transferred to the staying on team who reduced all my subscriptions and bettered where i was going to go
still might go elsewhere in 12 months if deals are good............. shop around seems to be the best advice......if you have been with sky or virgin for 10 or 15 years and are a valued customer i bet you £10 you are being shafted

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
What was cost with internet and phone ?

Didn't ask about that but I'm sure a decent deal is available. I moved our phone / broadband to SSE- that deal is £21 pm for line rental and unlimited calls to landlines, the broadband is free for 18 months on fibre.

I get about 60 Mbps download and 10 Mbps speeds which is slightly faster than I got with BT. Who were charging me about £60 including BT Sport.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I need to look at this. My Sky cost is too high and the broadband is too slow.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I need to look at this. My Sky cost is too high and the broadband is too slow.

when i took the effort to look into this my sky router was 3 generations backward ( yes i has been with them that long) there was no way i was going to be able to get fast broadband speeds.
definitely have a look at shopping around for internet....there are so many options for seperate mix and match tv

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£7.99 per month for Sky's NowTV Entertainment pack along with watching Sky albion away games in the pub is the best strategy for me.

Saved £100s.

:albion2:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Like owner like router :lolol:

funny as that might be chap......and i did giggle
dont take our brexit disagreements and your dislike of me or anyone for that matter onto another thread.......not fair on the chap hoping for some NSC input on an issue

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dumped Movies, Sports and Broadband from them in the past few weeks, wonder if I'll get calls. Was paying way over the odds at over £100.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Many thanks for taking the trouble to share this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
funny as that might be chap......and i did giggle
dont take our brexit disagreements and your dislike of me or anyone for that matter onto another thread.......not fair on the chap hoping for some NSC input on an issue

1) I wasn't. 2) I don't dislike you.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Oddly enough I called them last night and managed to get £30 off each month for a year

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
this does beg the question just how many people access sports " illegally"

i would never ever ever ever dream of doing it myself ever ever ever .....but it seems plenty do

I think the legal position is that it is legal to stream, but not download.

I was paying Sky about £70 a month, which was not value for money IMO, but the reason I dumped them was a protest at the rescheduling of matches....................and the fact that Murdoch is a ****.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
A lot of people use Sly and/or Vermin(their name not mine) now. Basically you get a flashed box £80+ and then £18-£40 per year for All sky/virgin channels, including the hd ones with Virgin. You do need a dish for the sly and a live virgin feed for the Vermin(the names are ridiculous I know).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here