Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shelvey & Dummett's red cards overturned

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From Friday's game....! Shocked by this purely because of the corrupt FA upholding Stephen's one for a perfectly acceptable challenge.

For me, Shelvey's was very harsh and never a red, BUT he did have a kick out so still by the laws could be deemed violent conduct, however soft.

Dummett's one, maybe I need to watch again as every Toon fan on Twitter seems to say it was never a red but on Friday I thought it was clear as day a red and a foul / pen?

Not just saying it cos it's Newcastle, but these decisions seem extremely generous don't they?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From Friday's game....! Shocked by this purely because of the corrupt FA upholding Stephen's one for a perfectly acceptable challenge.

For me, Shelvey's was very harsh and never a red, BUT he did have a kick out so still by the laws could be deemed violent conduct, however soft.

Dummett's one, maybe I need to watch again as every Toon fan on Twitter seems to say it was never a red but on Friday I thought it was clear as day a red and a foul / pen?

Not just saying it cos it's Newcastle, but these decisions seem extremely generous don't they?

Double standards... w@nkers

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Which doesn't excuse NOT rescinding Stephens' red card.

Agree. But if I was Bloom the moment it was recinsed I would have said see you court for loss of earnings referee, FL, FA and thrown all my money behind it as well. How dare they ****ing parachute a prem league ref in for that one game. Outrageous.

Plus in the run in Dale was our best player. Would we have lost v Weds? Hard to say but we would have finished game 1 with 11 men.

Crooked ****ing ***** basically.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Double standards... w@nkers

Genuine question for yourself and others as maybe I missed something. The Dummett one - he was last man, didn't touch the ball and his knee made clear contact with Lansbury's leg from behind?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agree. But if I was Bloom the moment it was recinsed I would have said see you court for loss of earnings referee, FL, FA and thrown all my money behind it as well. How dare they ****ing parachute a prem league ref in for that one game. Outrageous.

Plus in the run in Dale was our best player. Would we have lost v Weds? Hard to say but we would have finished game 1 with 11 men.

Crooked ****ing ***** basically.

The list of those up against the wall come the revolution is getting quite long now.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
MASSIVE ex premier league club that the media adore with a manager they also adore, top of the league but starting to falter get a boost in their fortunes? I am shocked I tell you!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Genuine question for yourself and others as maybe I missed something. The Dummett one - he was last man, didn't touch the ball and his knee made clear contact with Lansbury's leg from behind?

Just watched it again. It was softer than I remember but still contact and a clear pen. Few complaints from Dummett himself at first or the team mates close to it. Stopped Lansbury shooting. I'm staggered that has been rescinded. I'm sure it has to be a case of 'beyond doubt' or something like that for it to be rescinded. ****ing Wankers.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Without going over old ground, Stephens' tackle was high and studs up so borderline red/yellow, you can see why the FA would uphold it.

The two reds for Newcastle were barely fouls, so it's not really a direct comparison.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Well yes. Both are marginal at best. My point is that there was much more doubt about Stephens' sending off (including the ref getting out a yellow, only for the **** of player knocking it out of his hand).

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Shelvey's was nothing, although it was enough, with the reaction, to convince someone a good few yards away. I wouldn't even have booked him. The players got tangled.

It's hard watching rugby with equal passion as football and seeing this. Ref's understand that tempers flare and make some allowances. I wish they'd do the same in football.

There is a debatable point about Dummett's being a penalty. 'I've seen them given'. Red card ? No.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Trying to be objective and ignoring what happened against us, I thought both were harsh at the time - Shelvey's was just a bit of a tangle, and Dummett's was probably a pen but not a red. I can live with the cards being rescinded, because they still lost :clap2:. More interested to see what happens with Shelvey's other case.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Both are soft reds and soft decisions - but seen them given and seen them given as reds many a time. So enough to rescind - no!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Trying to be objective and ignoring what happened against us, I thought both were harsh at the time - Shelvey's was just a bit of a tangle, and Dummett's was probably a pen but not a red. I can live with the cards being rescinded, because they still lost :clap2:. More interested to see what happens with Shelvey's other case.

Yes. In the current climate I'd expect a substantial ban if he's found guilty.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Without going over old ground, Stephens' tackle was high and studs up so borderline red/yellow, you can see why the FA would uphold it.

The two reds for Newcastle were barely fouls, so it's not really a direct comparison.

Again, not wanting to go over old ground but I respectfully disagree. How else are you meant to 'play' a ball 4 feet in the air in the game of football without 'raising a boot' which obviously had studs on. Wait for it to come down? Not the game of football if you did.

We all know why it wasn't rescinded really - admitting an error that big, in a game that big, would have left them red faced.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Again, not wanting to go over old ground but I respectfully disagree. How else are you meant to 'play' a ball 4 feet in the air in the game of football without 'raising a boot' which obviously had studs on. Wait for it to come down? Not the game of football if you did.

We all know why it wasn't rescinded really - admitting an error that big, in a game that big, would have left them red faced.

100% agree

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here