Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket upgrade help

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry I know there's been a number of threads on this bit I've not read them all the way through. Essentially my mate's upgraded my dads ticket (o65) for Friday to adult. Now when we've done this before (admittedly not for a year or 2) it's been about £7-£8 each time (the difference between the match ticket as if you were buying through the club). I make these seats £24 and upgrade to £32. So assumed £8 plus a quid booking fee or whatever. My mate says they charged him £19?! Hes waiting on confirmation email to double check. Essentially, is this right and is there some new ridiculously large charge? £19 on top of a £24 ticket makes it £43 for cheapest seat section in stadium?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Upgrades are now to the individual match day adult ticket price as opposed the the season ticket price previously

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Upgrades are now to the individual match day adult ticket price as opposed the the season ticket price previously

Not sure how much my dads ST works out at pro rata - maybe £14 then - and they upgrade that to a match by match adult ticket (£34) and that's where the £19 come from? I guess...?

Bit of a piss take that - it's a season ticket seat so deserves to be treated with season ticket benifits in my opinion. Oh well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not sure how much my dads ST works out at pro rata - maybe £14 then - and they upgrade that to a match by match adult ticket (£34) and that's where the £19 come from? I guess...?

Bit of a piss take that - it's a season ticket seat so deserves to be treated with season ticket benifits in my opinion. Oh well.

According to you know who the software can now do it properly so everyone had the benefit of a cheaper upgrade previously, hence I upgraded my youngests U21 season to adult given he is away at Uni most of the time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

When we started at the Amex this is exactly how the ticket upgrades worked.

Then, when the ticketing system was changed it hot cheaper ad the cost was based on the pro-rata-ed season ticket price.

We're now back to what we originally had.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The upgrade prices seem a piss take. End of.

Ps it's not my money either - just saying.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can season tickets be upgraded online?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Reallly! How does that seat differ from any other? Surely the season ticket benefits belong to the owner of the season ticket, not to the seat!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Reallly! How does that seat differ from any other? Surely the season ticket benefits belong to the owner of the season ticket, not to the seat!

Yeh they do - and he wanted my mate to have in instead at a fair upgrade price :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yeh they do - and he wanted my mate to have in instead at a fair upgrade price :thumbsup:
Well that's not the way it works so can I be the first to thank your dad's mate for helping to offset TB's losses for this season.

As the people at Tesco often say, every little helps.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well that's not the way it works so can I be the first to thank your dad's mate for helping to offset TB's losses for this season.

As the people at Tesco often say, every little helps.

If you're happy to pay £34 for a ticket in the cheapest part of the stadium them may I be the first to say you're part of the overall bigger picture of why football's finances are ****ed :thumbsup:

As the people at Teaco often say, stop being a **** :thumbsup:

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
The price of a ticket to all non-season ticket holders less 1/23rd of the cost of a season ticket, that seems perfectly reasonable, I can't understand how anyone can have a problem with that. Why should the club sell a ticket to a non-season ticket holder any cheaper than to anyone else?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The price of a ticket to all non-season ticket holders less 1/23rd of the cost of a season ticket, that seems perfectly reasonable, I can't understand how anyone can have a problem with that. Why should the club sell a ticket to a non-season ticket holder any cheaper than to anyone else?

Been done to death on here but it's a fantastic opportunity to bring people along who wouldn't shell out £45 on a match ticket who have no real interest in football or the albion and I know of several who have become season ticket holders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here