Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whc 2017

Jan 29, 2015
It's coming up to that time of year again. Personally, I can't wait - all that football, immigration, BREXIT, Trump nonsense can rightfully take a back seat to the highlight of the NSC year, WHC.

One change I've requested for this coming competition - no silly second accounts to be allowed to participate or, worse, vote. It devalues the entire point of the thing.

Planet Earth II may well produce a brand new winner. Just so long as the cuddly badger loses again, all will be well.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
christmas-cassowary-004.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Planet Earth II may well produce a brand new winner. Just so long as the cuddly badger loses again, all will be well.

I shall be nominating that Jaguar in the programme that attacked and was victorious against a croc !

WELL'ARD ! :bowdown: As yer man Attenborough himself says "He's become a killer of killers"

[YT]Q4E1AtBQjBY[/YT]

Last edited:

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
If there's a way of stopping second accounts from voting (perhaps only allowing users with a predefined post count to vote), then I am all over WHC this year.

Honey badger simply must be included, it wouldn't be WHC without him but he does appear to be the cause of all the vote controversy, from supporters and detractors alike.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I shall be nominating that Jaguar in the programme that attacked and was victorious against a croc !

WELL'ARD ! :bowdown: As yer man Attenborough himself says "He's become a killer of killers"

[YT]Q4E1AtBQjBY[/YT]

First thing I thought when I watched that episode was "Damn, I'm going to have to change my avatar on NSC"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's the big one in January, WHC X.

Tickets for the opening ceremony sold out in just 3 MINUTES, and are already trading hands for as much as 10 grand. There are many rumours for the opening ceremony, including:

- The Honey Badger will once again boycott the ceremony, as he continues his CHILDISH belief that the competition is fixed against him.
- All the previous winners (no HB there then) will take part in the lighting of the flame.
- The polar bear will be presented with a lifetime achievement award.
- A special performance from some of the PLUCKY underdogs who've beaten the odds to reach the later stages of the competition.
- Sir David Attenborough will be attending as the guest of honour in the royal box.

I can't wait.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Anyone watching those PENGUINS CHOOSING to get SLAMMED into a rocks will know THEY are beyond hard.

It doesn't have to all be about fighting.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One change I've requested for this coming competition - no silly second accounts to be allowed to participate or, worse, vote. It devalues the entire point of the thing.

It is the single valid reason for a second account and I know that Paul Valley, Big Hilda, Bushy, Easy10 and ILIKECANDLES all agree :p

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's the big one in January, WHC X.

Tickets for the opening ceremony sold out in just 3 MINUTES, and are already trading hands for as much as 10 grand.

Yeah, but I bet Sky decide to show it live, and move the date to when no bugger can make it.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Anyone watching those PENGUINS CHOOSING to get SLAMMED into a rocks will know THEY are beyond hard.

It doesn't have to all be about fighting.

It's the penguins for me - amazing critters. Got visions of the Emperor penguins facing into the Antarctic winds with those relatively sheltered at the back moving to the front constantly so they all take their turn - admirable beyond words.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm repping Team Cassowary from the start. Cass will CHOKESLAM you fools.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here