Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds Match *No trains to Newhaven/Seaford*

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Have posted this on the main SASTA thread, but worth having it's own thread so people affected know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Travel advice for ASLEF overtime ban
Last updated 12pm 5 Dec

Travel advice during driver overtime ban

We have been informed that the overtime ban will be in place every day from 6 December onwards. The information on this page will only apply on days where there isn’t a driver or conductor strike, which are:

Friday 9 December
Saturday 10 December
Sunday 11 December
Monday 12 December
Thursday 15 December
Saturday 17 December
Sunday 18 December
Wednesday 21 December
Thursday 22 December
Friday 23 December
Please check other pages for details of services on strike days and over Christmas and New Year.

What services will be affected?

Check our map showing routes with an altered service in brown or grey

On routes shown in grey, journeys will still be possible on other train operators, but may take longer and be crowded at certain times
On routes shown in brown, you are advised that there will be a reduced service and are advised to allow longer for your journey avoiding peak times if possible
On routes shown with a grey dotted line, only buses will operate
The following services will not run

London Bridge and Beckenham Junction via Tulse Hill
Alternative Southern services will operate between London Bridge and Tulse Hill and between West Norwood and Crystal Palace
Brighton and Seaford
Alternative Southern services will operate between Brighton and Lewes
Buses will operate between Seaford and Lewes
Lewes – Seaford bus timetable (PDF)

East Croydon and Milton Keynes Central via Kensington Olympia
Alternative Southern services will operate between East Croydon and Clapham Junction
A number of other services will also not run
We will list these here as soon as we have the details
We are currently confirming ticket acceptance with other operators on alternative routes. Details will be available shortly.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a complete and utter SHAMBLES Southern are. They have to be the WORST company in the World

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe time for people to start withholding a portion of their council tax? Not local government's fault this omni-shambles, but a massive gesture direct to government is now called for. It's just got ridiculous. Not since the Thatcher era has a Tory government dared reap devastation on an entire region like this lot have. And all the rail regulators, rail/transport ministers, fake 'independent safety boards' are all drawing their inflated salaries under false pretences. It's utterly unworthy of a supposed first-world country.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Maybe time for people to start withholding a portion of their council tax? Not local government's fault this omni-shambles, but a massive gesture direct to government is now called for. It's just got ridiculous. Not since the Thatcher era has a Tory government dared reap devastation on an entire region like this lot have. And all the rail regulators, rail/transport ministers, fake 'independent safety boards' are all drawing their inflated salaries under false pretences. It's utterly unworthy of a supposed first-world country.

Until Tory MPs in the Southern franchise region come under enough pressure to worry about their majorities, I fear nothing will happen. Lewes would be a good place to start. Eastbourne and Hastings are also only recently Tory (I think).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Until Tory MPs in the Southern franchise region come under enough pressure to worry about their majorities, I fear nothing will happen. Lewes would be a good place to start. Eastbourne and Hastings are also only recently Tory (I think).

Maria Caulfield is well and truly on the side of the customers in this dispute and has attended many a meeting in Seaford as well as in Westminster. I've exchanged a few tweets and emails with her.

Just to add, we'll be using the Racecours P&R so those who've got our contact, we will have three spare seats in the car.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It's quite a stretch to link council tax payments (to councils) with the operation and payment for a rail service. But, give it a go and report back how it goes.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Assuming trains from/to London are still running I shall be using my Zone 1-6 travel card to get through the barrier at Victoria and bunking the train down using my BHAFC season ticket to get through the gate at Brighton. 2 fingers up to SASTA and the Gov :wanker:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Maria Caulfield is well and truly on the side of the customers in this dispute and has attended many a meeting in Seaford as well as in Westminster. I've exchanged a few tweets and emails with her.

So have I but the fact we're still having to badger our MPs to sort out the rail shambles all these months on tells me that nothing is likely to change if we're relying on them to do something.

Took me four and a half hours to get back from Clapham Junction to Seaford last week. Great, I got a full refund, but it cost me an afternoon of work and created all kinds of other problems.

MPs like to be seen on TV and in the press being on the side of the beleaguered commuter but I'm struggling to see what progress they've achieved.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Eastbourne since 2015 with a very small majority from The Lib-Dems, Hastings & Rye since 2010 with a near 5,000 majority for the Home Secretary.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Just to add, we'll be using the Racecours P&R so those who've got our contact, we will have three spare seats in the car.

Indeed, it's about the only thing I agree with her on.

Thanks for the offer, I will probably drive from Woodingdean but will let you know if not.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Assuming trains from/to London are still running I shall be using my Zone 1-6 travel card to get through the barrier at Victoria and bunking the train down using my BHAFC season ticket to get through the gate at Brighton. 2 fingers up to SASTA and the Gov :wanker:

Yeh! That's more like it! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

All I hear her non-impacted Parliamentary colleagues do is blame the RMT though. There really seems to be no urgency to resolve this issue at national Government level.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone up for a march down the middle of the A27 and A26 on Friday?

What like the black lives matter lot.

What about sitting down on the a27 and stopping all traffic

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
So have I but the fact we're still having to badger our MPs to sort out the rail shambles all these months on tells me that nothing is likely to change if we're relying on them to do something.

Took me four and a half hours to get back from Clapham Junction to Seaford last week. Great, I got a full refund, but it cost me an afternoon of work and created all kinds of other problems.

MPs like to be seen on TV and in the press being on the side of the beleaguered commuter but I'm struggling to see what progress they've achieved.

how about a pitch invasion blaming the government for this shambles?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
All I hear her non-impacted Parliamentary colleagues do is blame the RMT though. There really seems to be no urgency to resolve this issue at national Government level.

Which is WHY the STRIKES help NOBODY (apart from their members). The government, SASTA etc can just blame the strikes. Which is factually incorrect but to Joe Public is EXACTLY the perception. Silly ****ing Union.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here