Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
LOWEST AWAY GOALS SCORED

4 Goals Ipswich
6 Goals Aston Villa
7 Goals Blackburn
8 Goals Brighton

Aston Villa have played one more away game and are 2nd lowest scorers away but didn't look too bad when they played us at home. Our defence is among the best both home and away but maybe a different striker will work better away. We are actually joint TOP SCORERS AT HOME with Nottingham Forest with 20 goals so it's strange that we are so low away.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton best defence in the league away from home*

LOWEST AWAY GOALS CONCEDED

5 Goals Brighton
5 Goals Newcastle
8 Goals Derby
8 Goals Fulham

(* tied with Newcastle)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
LOWEST AWAY GOALS SCORED

8 Goals Brighton
7 Goals Blackburn
6 Goals Aston Villa
4 Goals Ipswich

Aston Villa have played one more away game and are 2nd lowest scorers away but didn't look too bad when they played us at home. Our defence is among the best both home and away but maybe a different striker will work better away.

It's the League table I'm interested in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're second in the league away from home. Just imagine how good we could be if Murray and Knockaert didn't lose their touch every time they leave Sussex...

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 13.10.22.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
LOWEST AWAY GOALS SCORED

4 Goals Ipswich
6 Goals Aston Villa
7 Goals Blackburn
8 Goals Brighton

Aston Villa have played one more away game and are 2nd lowest scorers away but didn't look too bad when they played us at home. Our defence is among the best both home and away but maybe a different striker will work better away. We are actually joint TOP SCORERS AT HOME with Nottingham Forest with 20 goals so it's strange that we are so low away.

32 posts in 8 years. I can't wait for your next one.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
32 posts in 8 years. I can't wait for your next one.

It certainly won't be a long wait for yours.

Besides, it's a good thread. We don't score many goals away from home, that's a fact. For the poor sods who travel away, they've seen a total of 13 goals in 9 games which is poor. 2nd in the league for away form is a great stat and it's the only one that really matters ultimately, but it's a fair point to suggest we should score more goals away from home than we do. It was the draws which kept us in third last season, we're not drawing at home at the moment so we're clear of 3rd place but it doesn't mean people don't have the right to post about our lack of potency away from home.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Besides, it's a good thread. We don't score many goals away from home, that's a fact. For the poor sods who travel away, they've seen a total of 13 goals in 9 games which is poor. 2nd in the league for away form is a great stat and it's the only one that really matters ultimately, but it's a fair point to suggest we should score more goals away from home than we do. It was the draws which kept us in third last season, we're not drawing at home at the moment so we're clear of 3rd place but it doesn't mean people don't have the right to post about our lack of potency away from home.
I can only imagine the willpower you had to call on to avoid using the words Sam and Baldock in that post 😂😂😂👍

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can only imagine the willpower you had to call on to avoid using the words Sam and Baldock in that post ��������

Well, of course I think he should contribute far more away from home (and at home, more often than not!) - but in his defence, he is credited with two goals away from home this season and has actually scored one of them, so fair enough. As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] mentioned above, what we really need is Glenn and Tone to find their form away from the Amex, although Murray is sticking the ball in the net, it's just always disallowed away from home. Maybe the Amex is more intimidating to officials than we realise.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Im happy with the number of goals away from home. I would rather see a 0-0 (Cardiff excluded) then see us score 3 and lose 5-3.

I just wonder how many threads there are on other boards with fans wanting to be as consistent and defensively secure as Brighton.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ridiculous that we've scored fewer than all the teams in the relegation zone.

Currently being traded off by our immense defensive side to our game..

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brighton best defence in the league away from home*

LOWEST AWAY GOALS CONCEDED

5 Goals Brighton
5 Goals Newcastle
8 Goals Derby
8 Goals Fulham

(* tied with Newcastle)

The most important point is that every team who have scored more than us, apart from the obvious exception, have conceded at least twice as many.

Albion don't play an all out attacking game. It's unwise. The football is enjoyable and the tactics have thus far reaped dividends.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
another 10 wins away even by 1-0 will do for me.

To a certain extent, this. In the second half of last season I think we were playing the best football in the division - and where did that get us?

Right now, we're not. Not even close. Hopefully we can get back to previous levels in terms of flowing football after Christmas but if we don't and we keep winning, then really I couldn't care less. I think the return of Kayal will help - for me, he's better at driving the team forward than our other midfielders, who are all still doing a fine job in their own way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here