Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 games left for Kazenga to save his BHA career

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
It's looking very much as though Kaz will go out on loan come January. If he does he probably won't play for Albion again. If that is the case I'm sure I won't be alone in thinking we never really got the best out of him.

He's been utterly frustrating during the Amex years, as we've seen glimpses of a player capable of ripping up this division, while we've also seen profligate inconsistency. I'm also not sure that he fully fits into the "together "spirit" that developed throughout last season and continues now. That said I'd really like to see him given a last chance by being in the match day squad for the remaining games we've got in December.

I'm not sure the "5 great wingers" thing is currently accurate. We've got:

Knocky - a game changer and one of the best players in the division
Murphy - solid, hard working and almost always gets at least one shot on target in each game
Solly - so much potential but we're all waiting to see how he fares after a year away from the 1st team
Skalak - some fine assists but doesn't seem to have much else in his locker (yes I know he scored 2 crackers last season but his goals to games ratio isn't great)

At the moment it seems as though CH favours having 2 wing alternatives on the bench. I'd like to see Kaz as one of those in the coming matches. Against Villa and Fulham I kept thinking a fit and raring Kaz could have made a difference in the closing stages. He stretches teams, draws fouls and stops the oppo full back from pressing high against us. Last season he was electric in those early games and also brought the best out of Bong, another player who isn't firing on all cylinders right now.

I think there's a good case for Kaz to come into the 18 for the next few weeks. I fear he'll leave in January in muted fashion and that will be that, but I'd like to think he might be given a final opportunity to show he can still deliver when called upon.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's looking very much as though Kaz will go out on loan come January. If he does he probably won't play for Albion again. If that is the case I'm sure I won't be alone in thinking we never really got the best out of him.

He's been utterly frustrating during the Amex years, as we've seen glimpses of a player capable of ripping up this division, while we've also seen profligate inconsistency. I'm also not sure that he fully fits into the "together "spirit" that developed throughout last season and continues now. That said I'd really like to see him given a last chance by being in the match day squad for the remaining games we've got in December.

I'm not sure the "5 great wingers" thing is currently accurate. We've got:

Knocky - a game changer and one of the best players in the division
Murphy - solid, hard working and almost always gets at least one shot on target in each game
Solly - so much potential but we're all waiting to see how he fares after a year away from the 1st team
Skalak - some fine assists but doesn't seem to have much else in his locker (yes I know he scored 2 crackers last season but his goals to games ratio isn't great)

At the moment it seems as though CH favours having 2 wing alternatives on the bench. I'd like to see Kaz as one of those in the coming matches. Against Villa and Fulham I kept thinking a fit and raring Kaz could have made a difference in the closing stages. He stretches teams, draws fouls and stops the oppo full back from pressing high against us. Last season he was electric in those early games and also brought the best out of Bong, another player who isn't firing on all cylinders right now.

I think there's a good case for Kaz to come into the 18 for the next few weeks. I fear he'll leave in January in muted fashion and that will be that, but I'd like to think he might be given a final opportunity to show he can still deliver when called upon.

Tough game professional football, but you get paid a lot for it, no room for sentiment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Times change, he used to be a talisman and a gamechanger, we now have other gamechangers, such is the way of football. We used to think the same of Darren Freeman.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Kaz has very much become a bit part player, an impact sub who has suffered badly with injuries.
2 years ago, the very thought of him leaving would have send this board into meltdown.
However times have changed and maybe it is time for us to let go if that is what he wants.
If that was the case, I for one will never forget his contribution.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It would be best for both parties if he were to move on in January. He will never be more than an 'impact sub' with the players we have now. He needs a move to a club that can offer him regular football even if it does mean going down to League One. Would help if he could stay fit for more than a few weeks at a time..

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Just nowhere near consistent enough to get anywhere close to the side. Would only get on the bench if we have a winger injury. Doesn't offer enough defensively which is incredibly important in a 4-4-2. Be amazed if he plays for us again.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Times change, he used to be a talisman and a gamechanger, we now have other gamechangers, such is the way of football. We used to think the same of Darren Freeman.

Agree,for the record i think we (with regards to the OP) have actually had the best from Kazenga,like Darren (have known Darren since aged 8) he was too injury prone to play higher (knee).

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I think him and bong are the best partnership down the left its just weather kaz has still got it in him and if he gets a look in. great servant for the club what ever he does wish him all the best he has lit up the amex at times

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He should go down to a League One. He'd rip it apart. Hasn't quite got the brains for Champ in my opinion, similar to CMS.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Get rid and bring in Lookman in January...

After five years of loyal service, our longest serving player, and Ankergren apart, our last link with Withdean, you use derogatory terms like get rid? That's more than harsh.

Must admit though, I do like the look of Lookman. Excuse the pun.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He should go down to a League One. He'd rip it apart. Hasn't quite got the brains for Champ in my opinion, similar to CMS.

Oh I think that he has. QPR allegedly wanted him on a season's long loan back in the summer. I think he could do a good job for them from January, if Holloway is interested in him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very much a Championship player but struggling in a squad that has four decent wingers and struggling with repetitive injuries that have dropped him down the pecking order. Be interesting where he might go. Not to a promotion rival. Yesterday's opponents perhaps? Brentford maybe? Or Barnsley?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here