Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inconsistent refereeing...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
How was that flying two-footed lunge by Marcos Rojo not a straight red?

Unbelievable decision from Michael Oliver.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Especially if you compare it to the Dale Stephens sending off (which I do for almost all bookings these days)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
They make it up as they go along while trying to appear in control.

Been like that for as long as I can remember. There is no consistency.

Kermorgant executes a perfect career ending 'tackle' on LR - Ref "nah i've already sent one off". The man goes onto score 2 goals in as many weeks and helps Reading to where they are now, chasing us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Should have been a nailed on red card. Horrendous two-footed lunge, as bad as Aguerro yesterday. Can there be retrospective action in this case as nothing given at the time ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone seen Derby's goal yesterday? Looked exactly the same sort of header that Duffy did... Annoys me.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I think it is unhealthy to hold on to something that happened last season

Also was a yellow not given meaning it cannot be over-turned~?

Squeakseagull

Feb 25, 2009
They make it up as they go along while trying to appear in control.

Been like that for as long as I can remember. There is no consistency.

Kermorgant executes a perfect career ending 'tackle' on LR - Ref "nah i've already sent one off". The man goes onto score 2 goals in as many weeks and helps Reading to where they are now, chasing us.

It's the unwritten " it's too early in the game to issue a card" rule that's the problem. It's total rubbish, if it's s foul then no matter when or where in the game a card should be issued. Very few referees issue cards early and it can result in players taking advantage, who can blame them. Don't know the answer, perhaps refs should just follow the rule book and not interpret the rules.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
premiership refereeing is abysmal
and very inconsistent

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Double footed and off the ground. If he had made real contact it could have been horrendous. Straight red card for me, and I can only think the ref did not see the full detail of the tackle. If he did, then words fail me.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I know this probably is going to go down like a lead balloon, but did the ref get one of the Newcastle reds wrong on Friday?

Dummett gave away a penalty and got set off. I thought the triple jeporday rule had gone. I understand why Shelvey went for violent conduct, but Dummett was just a foul.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

I don't think it's inconsistent refereeing, it's things being seen from different angles at different speeds etc. Listening to Savage on the radio, he only called for a red once he'd watched the replays from behind Rojo, only then did he lambast the referee.

Definitely a red though, of course!

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I know this probably is going to go down like a lead balloon, but did the ref get one of the Newcastle reds wrong on Friday?

Dummett gave away a penalty and got set off. I thought the triple jeporday rule had gone. I understand why Shelvey went for violent conduct, but Dummett was just a foul.
It was correct by the ref. The new law is that inside the penalty area the player gets a yellow card if he has made a genuine attempt to play the ball otherwise it is still red. The new law specifically says that it should still be a red if the offence is holding, pulling or pushing. Dummett was penalised for pushing, he denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity and so red was correct.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Anyone seen Derby's goal yesterday? Looked exactly the same sort of header that Duffy did... Annoys me.

I did :) We're too far away from either of them to make any sort of call aren't we, you just can't tell. FWIW, there's no suggestion on the Wigan match report or from Warren Joyce that there was any foul... Just saying

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ibrahimovic should have been sent off as well.

Really ?.... i never for one minute thought it was a red, there was no stamping motion at all, sure he laid on him a bit too long and was maybe trying to get a reaction which didnt come, but not a red for me a yellow at worst for the initial foul.

The Rojo double foot jump however.... how the hell do you get away with that... !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here