Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t whats a fair price for some bathroom tiling?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Need 4 rows off tiling around bath (6 feet long x 28 inches wide) redone, plus the back board (?) replaced -
thIS covers gap between end of the bath, and end wall- that is about 1 ft x 28 inches.

A few other tiles need replacing, after moving shower head higher up the wall. All with waterproof grout / sealant etc..

(An old DIY done by dad was a bit duff, tbh- any water splashes go through to back wall and floor..)

Proper job, no Delboys!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Need 4 rows off tiling around bath (6 feet long x 28 inches wide) redone, plus the back board (?) replaced -
thIS covers gap between end of the bath, and end wall- that is about 1 ft x 28 inches.

A few other tiles need replacing, after moving shower head higher up the wall. All with waterproof grout / sealant etc..

(An old DIY done by dad was a bit duff, tbh- any water splashes go through to back wall and floor..)

Proper job, no Delboys!

I am not a builder,but having turned up late and been to the bookies and the cafe and knocked off early,also spending an half hour for lunch,3 hours total,including 45 mins of actual graft...£75 notes? you supply the money for the parts i have the invoice,trade to me £55 price to you £110 +vat

sound fair-sorry brothers nephews and dad (all in the various trades) :lolol: clearly i don't do building....they do and no i will not recommend..

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
having turned up late and been to the bookies and the cafe and knocked off early,also spending an half hour for lunch,3 hours total,including 45 mins of actual graft..

Not forgetting the 2 hours they go missing on the first day to officially buy the tiles (or whatever, but actually they're finishing another job), despite the fact that the job's been booked for weeks.

Sorry genuine tradespeople!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Chances are if water has been getting in behind when you knock off old tiles the rest will come with, are you trying to take down 4 rows and keep the tiles above them? May chip old tiles removing others, not as simple as it sounds, also would need to come back to grout after cement has gone off.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
serious query. Should gone to checkatrade, then.

Bllx to the lot of yer.

No no,we are keeping the thread alive,don't pay more than £350 to £500 if that helps.

Get an quoute first [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] raises a fair point

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Do it yourself, not only will you save money but once you've finished the job you'll have an immense feeling of manly self worth. Tiling is a piece of piss, any real man should be able to do it to a reasonable standard without having to ask another man to do it for him... ???

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Do it yourself, not only will you save money but once you've finished the job you'll have an immense feeling of manly self worth. Sex is a piece of piss, any real man should be able to do it to a reasonable standard without having to ask another man to do it for him... ???

Altered a tiny bit for you 😁

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do it yourself, not only will you save money but once you've finished the job you'll have an immense feeling of manly self worth. Tiling is a piece of piss, any real man should be able to do it to a reasonable standard without having to ask another man to do it for him... ???
Didnt the OP say it was to put right a DIY job. My dad was a plumber and rarely pre booked work for Monday as he usually spent the day putting right DIY jobs from over the weekend,

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Tiling IS a piece of piss if fitting a few tiles to a straight smooth wall without any cuts.

Setting out and tiling a full bathroom or shower room with uneven walls is a skilled job.
If tiling was that easy ceramic wall tilers would have no work, the decent ones I know always have lots of work booked in advance.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Chances are if water has been getting in behind when you knock off old tiles the rest will come with, are you trying to take down 4 rows and keep the tiles above them? May chip old tiles removing others, not as simple as it sounds, also would need to come back to grout after cement has gone off.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

What he says :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here