Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-3 is the new black

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Started with the Swans against our neighbours...

AFC Wimbledon down 3-0 in the FA cup this afternoon with 80 minutes on the clock - came back to win 4-3

and now the Cherries have the same to Liverpool!

Great for the neutral - must be heartbreaking to be on the end of one though

I remember a game like this against Charlton at the Valley back in the days of Derek Hales and Mick Flannaghan - when we came back from 0-2 to lead 3-2 and then eventually lost 4-3.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hard to envisage winning anything of any worth when you score three and concede four. Or vice versa. Still, just so long as Sky keep pumping the money in, nobody seems to care very much :rolleyes:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The Yanks will love that kind of game, they tried to alter the goals etc., ban off-side in the 1970's when they had their first go at a league with Pele, Beckenbauer, Besty and Rodney Marsh. I think they also went for "quarters" to give more ad-breaks.

Sickening and it didn't help, they crashed financially apart from the NY Cosmos. I take the modern US leagues play the FIFA rules though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

AFC Wimbledon down 3-0 in the FA cup this afternoon with 80 minutes on the clock - came back to win 4-3

I remember a game like this against Charlton at the Valley back in the days of Derek Hales and Mick Flannaghan - when we came back from 0-2 to lead 3-2 and then eventually lost 4-3.

We came back from 2 down at Gillingam,went 3-2 up before falling 4-3 to Rochdale one evening game

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

It was Swansea 5-4 Palace

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
actually it must have been withdean?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah that team that lost FIVE-NIL yesterday? Now THAT score takes me back a bit...

I wasn't actually disappointed to see you win yesterday. It keeps Pardew in a job for another week, which I think we can all agree is a Great Thing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah that team that lost FIVE-NIL yesterday? Now THAT score takes me back a bit...

There was a team in the 1950s that lost 6-0 to us. I wonder who that was?

One of the best games I've been to, was to help out Lewes, when their sponsors pulled the plug on them. They were losing 4-0 at half time and won 5-4.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I wasn't actually disappointed to see you win yesterday. It keeps Pardew in a job for another week, which I think we can all agree is a Great Thing.

Fills them with a false promise,yep like it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was a team in the 1950s that lost 6-0 to us. I wonder who that was?

I hate it when you concede six goals in a game, it's embarrassing. I seem to recall we conceded six in a cup tie at Anfield not that long ago.

Imagine conceding MORE than that at Anfield though. I wonder if that's ever happened to a visiting team up there. Is that even possible?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The team who as Gary pointed out last night have conceded nine goals in two games now. Their keeper will have a bad case of RSI from picking the ball up from the back of the net, the rate they're going.

Mind you there was a keeper playing for a side in World War 2 who probably had to got to hospital with a slipped disc after the game, now who did he play for..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The team who as Gary pointed out last night have conceded nine goals in two games now. Their keeper will have a bad case of RSI from picking the ball up from the back of the net, the rate they're going.

Mind you there was a keeper playing for a side in World War 2 who probably had to got to hospital with a slipped disc after the game, now who did he play for..

Nine goals in two games, eh? Imagine conceding nine in a single match, as a top flight side.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I hate it when you concede six goals in a game, it's embarrassing. I seem to recall we conceded six in a cup tie at Anfield not that long ago.

Imagine conceding MORE than that at Anfield though. I wonder if that's ever happened to a visiting team up there. Is that even possible?

Well it's not like you've had a lot of experience playing at Anfield is it? Or against the Reds especially in FA Cup semi-finals? Let along beating Liverpool. Or coming back to get a 3-3 draw.
Let's face it your best performance against a team in red was against Swindon, when you actually won a play-off final. That was not that long ago. What went wrong since?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Nine goals in two games, eh? Imagine conceding nine in a single match, as a top flight side.

I also remember a scenario,some team lost 9-0 at Anfield on the night we Beat Wolves away 4-2 to go(briefly) top of the league and Pompey lost 3-0 that very same evening to Plymouth....a perfect night.....now who was that team who lot by 9...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Of course, at that point you'd already benefited from the first of your 2 administrations.

Its far, far tougher to be competitive when you actually pay your bills. As you may discover some day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here