Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spam Emails

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Anybody got any suggestions for stopping or reducing spam emails. I am getting over a 100 a day, my filter gets rid of about 50% of them, but loads are getting through and having to constantly remove them is driving me crazy.

Most are from the US regarding coffee coupons, garage services, health matters, impending doom, isis, etc

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Use Gmail. They have pretty good spam filters. Set up a gmail account and then, if you cannot move your email account to go to it, set it up as a secondary account on the gmail account.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I keep getting Twitter emails from people like Stephen Fry and other celebs. Why me? I did register once but have never Twatted in my life (yet).

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
G Mail is good as others have said. Normally anything that is definitely spam gets sent straight to the spam folder and is deleted automatically (or you can go in yourself and delete). Other mail - dependant on what it appears to be gets put into folders marked "Primary', "Social", "Promotions" or "Updates" but you can sort them to go into anything so that it's in the right folder for what you want . Very pleased with it and I've been using for some years now

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I avoid getting put on mailing lists when I buy anything or sign up for things. My future son-in law received 101 emails on Black Friday that were spam/rubbish.

However, be very careful as there are numerous phising scams on the go that I keep getting, one allegedly from HMRC with the good news about my tax rebate.. just give your bank details and another one allegedly from iTunes saying " Thank you for your recent purchase of ----------------- , As we are committed to quality customer service pleas click here if you have any issues with the purchase.

I was self employed for 8 years and HMRC have already given me tax rebates on occasions so they know my account details.... and being an old grouch I have never subscribed or bought any Apple product.. be warned !

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I avoid getting put on mailing lists when I buy anything or sign up for things. My future son-in law received 101 emails on Black Friday that were spam/rubbish.

However, be very careful as there are numerous phising scams on the go that I keep getting, one allegedly from HMRC with the good news about my tax rebate.. just give your bank details and another one allegedly from iTunes saying " Thank you for your recent purchase of ----------------- , As we are committed to quality customer service pleas click here if you have any issues with the purchase.

I was self employed for 8 years and HMRC have already given me tax rebates on occasions so they know my account details.... and being an old grouch I have never subscribed or bought any Apple product.. be warned !

HMRC never contact anyone by email. If you do get a rebate, it is done via letter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here