Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sanchez's 3rd goal

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
He's bit special. Just seen MoTD and I don't think I've ever seen a goalsquite like this. It wasn't just a dummy but a deliberate full 'air shot' (think of a bad golfer). At first I thought it was a mistake but it was a sublime bit of skill. Best player in the Premier League?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed - couldn't believe it when I saw the replay. To have the bottle to do that!!! Unreal player. Saw his first game for Arsenal in Emirattes cup a few years back & you could just tell he was technically better than anyone else and had more skill mixed with pace. Same as Suarez when I saw him v BHA.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It would be a real shame if Chile missed out on qualifying for the World Cup (which is really in the balance at the moment) as Alexis Sanchez would add a lot to the tournament in 2018.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It was a brilliant hat-trick all round. All 3 of his goals were excellent strikes involving good technique. Wenger converting him into a centre forward this season has been the making of him.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Taking nothing away from him, it was a brilliant piece of skill.....BUT....i recall beram kayal doing a very similar thing in pre season away to crawley ��

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
He's bit special. Just seen MoTD and I don't think I've ever seen a goalsquite like this. It wasn't just a dummy but a deliberate full 'air shot' (think of a bad golfer). At first I thought it was a mistake but it was a sublime bit of skill. Best player in the Premier League?

It was only the same technique as a "step-over", except he was doing it with the same foot rather than dummying with the other. A lot of players do that as a penalty technique to wrong-foot the keeper.

I still remember how when Denny Mundee performed step-overs for Brentford in the early 1990's it was a revelation; it was called his "Twiddle". When he moved to Albion the "Argus" ran a full-page article on it. Mundee claimed he had picked the idea up from Glenn Roeder whilst he was a trainee at QPR.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It was only the same technique as a "step-over", except he was doing it with the same foot rather than dummying with the other. A lot of players do that as a penalty technique to wrong-foot the keeper.

I still remember how when Denny Mundee performed step-overs for Brentford in the early 1990's it was a revelation; it was called his "Twiddle". When he moved to Albion the "Argus" ran a full-page article on it. Mundee claimed he had picked the idea up from Glenn Roeder whilst he was a trainee at QPR.

Interesting. I remember Glenn Roeder and it was a very neat trick. But - with the greatest of respect - Glenn Roeder was a cultured defender but no Sanchez. Personally I don't think this was a bog standard step-over as it was in effect a shot that never happened. But perhaps there's nothing new under the sun that shines on the great game although Sanchez did it in the penalty area, scored a goal and made a monkey out of Premier league defenders/keeper (well OK it was West Ham). Good talking point though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here