Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Selby and Snooker.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Fully understand it his earnings and maybe away from the table and a beer good fun,but please. No More he is Killing Snooker

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bit harsh on Mark Selby. I suppose he's the Stoke City of snooker in the way that he plays because the frames always seem to go scrappy but he's a really nice fella.

Thankfully Ronnie O'Sullivan has just won to make the final v Selby tomorrow and it should be a good 'un. It's never dull when the Rocket's around.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Ronnie wasn't great in the 2nd session tonight. Fu could have nicked it . Ronnie doesn't like playing Selby but I expect him to win tomorrow.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Selby-O'Sullivan should be a great final. Contrasts in styles in any sport generally are the most captivating and theirs is very much the Steve Davis-Alex Higgins of the day.

Both players deserve to be contesting the final as they have been the best 2 players all week. It is easy to label Selby as boring because he will resort to his tactical game if he needs to, but that does him an injustice as he has played some very fluent snooker this week. His break-building has been excellent.

He is also a much improved player. He is number 1 in the world at the moment on merit.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a start for Ronnie. A century break in the first frame. Selby is going to have to slow Ronnie down and frustrate him. I hope he doesn't resort to it but if Selby is to win he'll get the tactical slow frames.

Intriguing final.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ronnie misses a fairly straightforward red into the middle and The Jester levels it at 2-2.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
6-2 to Selby after the first session. Ronnie's late night catching up with him although Selby has played some good quality snooker.

The odds from William Hill at the half way stage are 1/6 Mark Selby and 7/2 Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Still a long way to go (first to ten).......

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's no right way or wrong way to play the game. Same as the sky sports generation morons who have a go at Justin Pipe for throwing his darts slower.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
6-2 to Selby after the first session. Ronnie's late night catching up with him although Selby has played some good quality snooker.

The odds from William Hill at the half way stage are 1/6 Mark Selby and 7/2 Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Still a long way to go (first to ten).......

absolutely,wasn't Selby 3-0 up on Higgins and nearly blew it

good odds that for Ronnie

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Selby looks like going 7-2 up. The first frame tonight is so important.

I wouldn't be too unhappy if it was over by 9pm so I can watch the other final - I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ronnie won 3 in a row before the mid-session interval to make it 7-5, but missed a shocking red by several inches in the first frame of the final session and Selby cleared up with a 137 total clearance to lead 8-5.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The top 8 seeds for The Masters look very tasty indeed:

Ronnie O'Sullivan (defending) v Liang Wenbo
Neil Robertson v Ali Carter
Judd Trump v Marco Fu
John Higgins v Mark Allen
Stuart Bingham v Joe Perry
Ding Junhui v Keiran Wilson
Sean Murphy v Barry Hawkins
Mark Selby v Mark Williams

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ronnie wins the 14th to close to 8-6

And he makes his 100th century in the UK Championships. :clap2:

#remarkable

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ronnie in first... but misses a brown at pace into the middle... Selby has a chance...

#gripping

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What a response from Selby... a great 135 clearance break under huge pressure... 9-7

#insanelygoodsnooker

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Amazing safety exchange in the early stages of the 17th frame... eventually Ronnie misses a crazily difficult red into the middle and Selby is in with a chance...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here