Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff match ratings

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 6: Quiet afternoon, did all he needed to. Good distribution
Bong 6: Linked well with Murphy, inventive going forward. A complete goon for the second yellow.
Bruno 7.5: Masterful at times, not really troubled defensively and kept bombing up the wing.
Dunk 6: Broke into their half a few times and gave us an option. Very silly yellow card that highlights he's still immature at times.
Duffy 7: I'm sure he's on stilts at times. A beast in the air.
Stephens 6: Tidy, swept well in front of the back four but did nothing in opposition half.
Sidwell 7: Some timely interceptions and a couple of good breaks into their box.
Skalak 5.5: Didn't provide much service and set pieces not their usual pinpoint self.
Murphy 6: Improved when Knockaert came on but for 70 mins struggled to put in a decent cross.
Baldock 5.5: Chased their centre halves all match but won nothing in air and poor ball when could have set up Murray for first half tap in.
Murray 6: Wily forward play. Dropped very deep in second half as not receiving much. Goal seemed decent to me.

Subs:
Knockaert 7: Made an instant impression and stretched a Cardiff team whom Colin had set up for a 0-0.
Pocognoli: Didn't touch ball.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale 6. Did nothing except one routine dive and catch. He must have been frozen.
Bruno 6. Had Harris and Toilet (at times) to deal with, and did pretty well, came forward on occasion.
Dunk 7. Classy, assured, stupid booking.
Duffy 6. Loads of possession, Cardiff backed off of him knowing that he'd do little with it/launch it back to them. He did. Defensively solid.
Bong 5. Toilet was their biggest threat but he was reasonably solid, unnecessary sending off.
Skalak 5. Huff and puff, not much else. Free kicks and corners rarely threatened.
Stephens 6. Deep lying midfield role today. Neat, tidy, never threatened their goal.
Sidwell 6. Busy, worked hard, never threatened their goal.
Murphy 7. Some good direct running gave us our best moments. My motm.
Baldock 5. Worked hard, no goal threat.
Murray 5. Little service, didn't win a header against their big centre backs.

Boring stalemate of a game which won't live long in the memory.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Stockdale 6. Did nothing except one routine dive and catch. He must have been frozen.
Bruno 6. Had Harris and Toilet (at times) to deal with, and did pretty well, came forward on occasion.
Duffy 6. Loads of possession, Cardiff backed off of him knowing that he'd do little with it/launch it back to them. He did. Defensively solid.
Bong 5. Toilet was their biggest threat but he was reasonably solid, unnecessary sending off.
Skalak 5. Huff and puff, not much else. Free kicks and corners rarely threatened.
Stephens 6. Deep lying midfield role today. Neat, tidy, never threatened their goal.

I thought we ended with 10, not started with 9.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Baldock 5. Worked hard, no goal threat.
Murray 5. Little service, didn't win a header against their big centre backs.

Boring stalemate of a game which won't live long in the memory.

Excellent summary, pretty much as I saw it.

Knocky looked back to a bit of form when he came on which bodes well (although can't understand why they were giving him so much space). We've missed him playing well in the last 3.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Stockdale 6
A good solid save early on. Not much else required.
Bruno 6
Ok not too many attacking runs. Looked frustrated at times today.
Bong 6
A few forward runs down the wing. A little rash with the tackle to get sent off. A shame.
Duffy 6
Good heading display, distribution a little off today with long range passing.
Dunk 7
Accomplished display, a few Alan Hansen runs coming out with the ball. The booking was unfortunate.
Sidwell 6
Solid, battled well
Stephens 6
Solid, defensive,
Salak 5
Not sure what he did today, did not beat his full back.
Murphy 7 MOM
Some nice solo runs, nearly scored with a good strike. Positive attitude, wanting to attack.
Murray 6
Battled well with Bamba.
Baldock 6
Ok knocked off the ball by their centre backs. An effort on the turn saved well.

Subs

Knocky 6
Tried to injection some attacking focus. A few tricks, easing back to his form.
Pog 5

An extremely dull game. Cardiff planned well. Some blatant sly fouls from the cardiff players. Bamba appeared to foul most of the game. Ref poor. Dropped points today, although we played poorly and only deserved a draw unfortunately.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Stockdale 6: Quiet afternoon, did all he needed to. Good distribution
Bong 6: Linked well with Murphy, inventive going forward. A complete goon for the second yellow.
Bruno 7.5: Masterful at times, not really troubled defensively and kept bombing up the wing.
Dunk 6: Broke into their half a few times and gave us an option. Very silly yellow card that highlights he's still immature at times.
Duffy 7: I'm sure he's on stilts at times. A beast in the air.
Stephens 6: Tidy, swept well in front of the back four but did nothing in opposition half.
Sidwell 7: Some timely interceptions and a couple of good breaks into their box.
Skalak 5.5: Didn't provide much service and set pieces not their usual pinpoint self.
Murphy 6: Improved when Knockaert came on but for 70 mins struggled to put in a decent cross.
Baldock 5.5: Chased their centre halves all match but won nothing in air and poor ball when could have set up Murray for first half tap in.
Murray 6: Wily forward play. Dropped very deep in second half as not receiving much. Goal seemed decent to me.

Subs:
Knockaert 7: Made an instant impression and stretched a Cardiff team whom Colin had set up for a 0-0.
Pocognoli: Didn't touch ball.

This seems a very fair assessment to me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here