Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Preston 2 red cards for fighting EACH OTHER

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sheffield Wednesday were down to 9 men - Forestieri sent off and Buckley injured with no subs left and Preston blow it as Jermaine Beckford and Eoin Doyle were sent off for fighting with each other.

It would be funny if it wasn't against the world's biggest club who were hanging on.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The most surprising thing about the whole episode is Buckley getting injured. Can't recall him ever missing a game for us? Nicknamed Mr Reliable I believe ???

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Sheffield Wednesday were down to 9 men - Forestieri sent off and Buckley injured with no subs left and Preston blow it as Jermaine Beckford and Eoin Doyle were sent off for fighting with each other.

It would be funny if it wasn't against the world's biggest club who were hanging on.

I refuse to believe this. Buckley injured? Yeah, right...

D

Deleted member 2719

Nothing like a in team fight or spat whatever you like to call it.

I remember Cullip whacking Robbie Pethick around the lug hole at Swindon away once, amazingly Pethick didn't appear to want to give him one back.punish:

Any other Albion spats???

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Jermain Beckford has always been a loose cannon. I remember him headbutting a Millwall player that went unpunished by the referee at the time when he was at Leeds on Sky.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I remember 2 Albion players fighting each other, away to Man U once, in the first division, can't remember if they were sent off?

It was Eric Steele and Gary Williams. Don't think they were sent off - and it wasn't an actual fight. Don't think Steele played for us again, though - shame, as he was a great keeper (better than Moseley!)

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Nothing like a in team fight or spat whatever you like to call it.

I remember Cullip whacking Robbie Pethick around the lug hole at Swindon away once, amazingly Pethick didn't appear to want to give him one back.punish:

Any other Albion spats???

Apparently Robinson punched Richie in teh dressing room at half time in from of Mullery who replied you deserved that.

D

Deleted member 2719

Apparently Robinson punched Richie in teh dressing room at half time in from of Mullery who replied you deserved that.

Not heard about that one.

It would make a better story if it was Sugar ray Robinson was hitting Lionel Richie !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You haven't played proper football till you've had a fight between two of your own players. Regular occurrence on a sunday morning :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was Eric Steele and Gary Williams. Don't think they were sent off - and it wasn't an actual fight. Don't think Steele played for us again, though - shame, as he was a great keeper (better than Moseley!)

Yep I was there that day. Pretty sure, they were both booked. They certainly weren't sent off.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

Always preferred him to Moseley. Sure he played again though. Home against Leeds (?) when Mose got injured I think.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just watched it on The Channel 5 program. That was deemed as a double sending off? Really?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Batty vs Le Saux in the Champions League was another good one.

Apparently fuelled by Batty constantly calling GLS gay for reading The Guardian instead of The Sun. The thick cxxx.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I remember watching this on tv at the time.

Batty always was a hothead (that'll be the dirty dirty Leeds in him no doubt).

I see that's Tim Sherwood breaking it up. Future manager material right there :lol:

But which one of them sat on the interview committee for the new England manager I wonder? :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here