Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#### Highlights ####

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What was the game like it, missed the commentary, the sending off, didn't look that bad, bald ref making decisions again :(

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Nothing wrong with the goal. Hopefully that poor decision it doesn't cost us in the long run. Still, I expected us to struggle today and overall happy with a point. We're closer to first, and a bigger gap on third.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Objectively, that's never a foul. Ref got conned.

*Subjectivley

Because when looking at it objectively, climbing on an opponent's back and holding him down is a foul.

You're all mad. It was a clear foul. The reaction from the Brighton players says it all!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
One of those a different ref would of allowed it , swings and roundabouts , happy those below us failed to capitalize which softens the disappointment a bit .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
*Subjectivley
Well I was trying to be objective.

Because when looking at it objectively, climbing on an opponent's back and holding him down is a foul.
If someone is moving forward and jumps for a header, and the person in front of them stops moving and deliberately falls to the ground when they feel contact, that shouldn't be a foul. Duffy wasn't putting his hands on his shoulders to gain height, he just played the ball.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Well I was trying to be objective.

If someone is moving forward and jumps for a header, and the person in front of them stops moving and deliberately falls to the ground when they feel contact, that shouldn't be a foul. Duffy wasn't putting his hands on his shoulders to gain height, he just played the ball.

That's where I disagree, as I thought Duffy used his hands to climb on the defenders back. Yes it's soft for the Cardiff defender to go down as he was holding his ground, but there was certainly contact from Duffy before and as he jumped. I've watched the video back twice now, and I still can't see any Brighton players complaining about the decision?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Murray's disallowed goal should of stood hardly any contact, over fussed ref cost us.???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's where I disagree, as I thought Duffy used his hands to climb on the defenders back.
But Duffy's hands didn't even go on his shoulders did they?
there was certainly contact from Duffy before and as he jumped.
Yes, but contact is allowed.
I've watched the video back twice now, and I still can't see any Brighton players complaining about the decision?
The game carried on, what can you do?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's where I disagree, as I thought Duffy used his hands to climb on the defenders back. Yes it's soft for the Cardiff defender to go down as he was holding his ground, but there was certainly contact from Duffy before and as he jumped.
Not a foul for me - they were both running to get to the place where the ball would come down to be headed, and the defender slowed down to block Duffy, who inevitably ran into the back of him as he jumped.
If that was the swings, though, I guess the roundabout was Bong getting the second yellow before the red came out - that could easily have been a straight red.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
That's a foul for me. Still, all in all sounds a fair result - happy enough with that.

Alfie87

Aug 20, 2010
That's where I disagree, as I thought Duffy used his hands to climb on the defenders back. Yes it's soft for the Cardiff defender to go down as he was holding his ground, but there was certainly contact from Duffy before and as he jumped. I've watched the video back twice now, and I still can't see any Brighton players complaining about the decision?

This is what drives me CRAZYYYYY about football! Duffy didn't foul him, he know all day long he wanted a free kick by falling to the ground and throwing his arms up.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
But Duffy's hands didn't even go on his shoulders did they?
Yes, but contact is allowed.
The game carried on, what can you do?

Defender played the player not the ball. No conviction, if he had stood his ground Duffy would have gone over him so he played the minimal contact and went down like a pro.
:wozza:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
50/50 for me. I'm sure some refs would've allowed the goal. It certainly doesn't look clear cut from that footage.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
And Bong's challenge could easily have been a straight red.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here