Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Effectively 6 points clear...

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Think most would have taken that at this stage before the season begun. We need to make the Amex a fortress again just like last season.. The game against Leeds is huge next week, if we win it would put a lot of pressure on the chasing pack before Saturday's games. Let's get the atmosphere buzzing not flat like the game vs Villa

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The thread title is not correct as 2 wins by Reading and 2 defeats by us would put them 1 point ahead so GD would be immaterial. Still a healthy position to be in though.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
The thread title is not correct as 2 wins by Reading and 2 defeats by us would put them 1 point ahead so GD would be immaterial. Still a healthy position to be in though.

Isn't that what the OP means though? It would take Reading six points to overtake us rather than the 5 we are ahead or maybe I should just go for a lie down and not worry about it??!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The 'boro home game was the one that started the mini-wobble last season and I guess Leeds on Friday is the equivalent fixture.

Squad has fewer injuries this time around though and arguably more strength in depth. Hope the boys can keep it going, but very happy with things so far...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Isn't that what the OP means though? It would take Reading six points to overtake us rather than the 5 we are ahead or maybe I should just go for a lie down and not worry about it??!!

That is of course what I meant although there was no doubt who would misinterpret it :thumbsup:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The 'boro home game was the one that started the mini-wobble last season and I guess Leeds on Friday is the equivalent fixture.

Squad has fewer injuries this time around though and arguably more strength in depth. Hope the boys can keep it going, but very happy with things so far...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Agreed. I think the difference last season though is that the defeats were always coming given that the squad had been depleted for weeks. It was amazing really that they managed to keep the unbeaten run going that long in the circumstances. This time around, apart from having to make a change in defence, there's nothing to suggest we're on the slide. Could even swing the other way and we get back to the form that was building up before the international break...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Leeds are coming to turn us over, not park it. They are on form and more than up for it. Can't wait to see our boys have an open game, not like today, c***s didn't turn up.
SEEEEAGUUULLLLS!!!!!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Leeds are coming to turn us over, not park it. They are on form and more than up for it. Can't wait to see our boys have an open game, not like today, c***s didn't turn up.
SEEEEAGUUULLLLS!!!!!!!

Sounds perfect recipe for goals....see if we can go one better this year and get 5.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
SEEEEAGUUULLLLS!!!!!!!

Yep Leeds are on form with 19 points out of the last 30, while we have only managed 22... Leeds have 3 defeats from the last 10 games while we have managed to lose none, zero, nil...

Yep, Leeds are the in-form side.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leeds will be a challenge. The team that still worry me are Derby.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Yep Leeds are on form with 19 points out of the last 30, while we have only managed 22... Leeds have 3 defeats from the last 10 games while we have managed to lose none, zero, nil...

Yep, Leeds are the in-form side.
Approximately 2pts per game in this division is on form... regardless of our form being better, we need to be especially aware of sides that are in form, shows how good our result against an in form Fulham was

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
SEEEEAGUUULLLLS!!!!!!!

Wins against Burton, Rotherham, Wolves, and out of form Norwich is not quite a run. Great win against Vllla but only game they have won recently again an inform side.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
There are three things that get you top two: consistency, consistency and consistency. Derby's problem is one win in first 9 games; they cannot afford another bad run, whereas Albion and Newcastle can.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Wins against Burton, Rotherham, Wolves, and out of form Norwich is not quite a run. Great win against Vllla but only game they have won recently again an inform side.

That will be the same out of form Norwich that stuck 5 in today. Just saying.
Leeds have only lost 2 in their recent games, to Newcastle (before it went tits) and Liverpool. They will be coming to the Amex confident and loud.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
That will be the same out of form Norwich that stuck 5 in today. Just saying.
Leeds have only lost 2 in their recent games, to Newcastle (before it went tits) and Liverpool. They will be coming to the Amex confident and loud.

Norwich were in middle of five match losing run. just saying.

No doubt Leeds will be up for it next time Friday and I wouldn't be surprised if they get a result, my issue is with the trend to look at whoever has won a few games and start thinking they suddenly are promotion contenders. It is very difficult for teams such as Leeds, Derby and Villa to make up the ground after a bad start, not impossible just very difficult.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here