Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maccasfield v Oxford United FA Cup

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just watching this game Brighton old boy Chris Holdroyd playing makes you realise just how far we have come since 2011

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just watching this game Brighton old boy Chris Holdroyd playing makes you realise just how far we have come since 2011

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I remember those days when Danny Whittaker was near top of my list of players I wanted us to sign as well. It was during his Oldham days.

Macclesfield all over Oxford so far. I like watching cup ties like this.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I remember those days when Danny Whittaker was near top of my list of players I wanted us to sign as well. It was during his Oldham days.

Macclesfield all over Oxford so far. I like watching cup ties like this.

I also enjoy watching FA Cup matches like this. Says a lot about the competition that there is no chance at all that I will watch Chelsea v Southampton in the Quarter Final (or beyond).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Danny Whittaker still looks a handy box to box midfielder. Tiring towards the end of the game but then he is 36 now I see.

I suppose we had Crofts so perhaps never considered Whittaker, but I would have enjoyed watching him play for us I think.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I also enjoy watching FA Cup matches like this. Says a lot about the competition that there is no chance at all that I will watch Chelsea v Southampton in the Quarter Final (or beyond).

I can still remember FA Cup finals from long periods of my youth. Nowadays I can barely remember who was in last years final, and certainly can't remember who was in the final two years ago.

The competition has felt devalued for quite a few years now. The nation certainly doesn't seem to bother to sit down and watch FA Cup Final day now like they used to either.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Macclesfield definitely had the chances to win it!
Holroyd seemed to get himself into positions way too far forward at times, and looked isolated on his own as well. They need a bigger striker to knock balls down to him to feed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here