Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosberg Retires from F1 !!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Suspect skullduggery from Rosbergs team.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
out on a high... but very odd.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Smart man - he got his title by the skin of his teeth and knows better than to try his luck for another against more talented drivers (Hamilton and Verstappen for a start).

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Smart man - he got his title by the skin of his teeth and knows better than to try his luck for another against more talented drivers (Hamilton and Verstappen for a start).

exactly. He'll get loads of stick for this but i can't blame him. We all know the score, so does he. He's made millions and is a world champion by virtue of scoring more points this year than anyone else, regardless of how/why that might be.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

was my immediate thought,.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This. Can live comfortably on endorsements for the rest of his life. Second best and he knows it.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
With the change in regulations, the other teams particularly Red Bull are expected to close the gap on Mercedes. It maybe that they finally see the need for a number one driver (Hamilton) with a young driver like Wehrlein or Ocon brought in to support him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a genuine shocker of a story, the guy only signed a new contract in July committing him to Mercedes until 2018.

This situation screams out "Fernando Alonso" to me. Granted, he didn't get on with Lewis at McLaren but surely the chance to win another world title in the best car will prove too much of a carrot.

I can't see that McLaren could hold him back either, given that he's done his best with a dog of a car for 2 years.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Wehrlein and Ocon need a bit more experience I feel, especially if Merc need two cars scoring highly in a potentially more competitive year to win their coveted Constructors Championship.

Alonso good shout, Nico Hulkenburg is probably kicking himself having gone to Renault. Button coming out of retirement for one last hurrah ... that would be good.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With the change in regulations, the other teams particularly Red Bull are expected to close the gap on Mercedes. It maybe that they finally see the need for a number one driver (Hamilton) with a young driver like Wehrlein or Ocon brought in to support him.

Don't you think that with Red Bull closing the gap and having two top drivers in Verstappen and Ricciardo that that is all the more reason for Mercedes to minimise risk by recruiting Alonso?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here