Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conor mcgregor

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I see there is talk of him fighting mayweather since he's just been granted a boxing license, well if this sparring session is anything to go by then it will be an embarrassment, , any half decent amateur would take care of him , he's not a very good boxer!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I see there is talk of him fighting mayweather since he's just been granted a boxing license, well if this sparring session is anything to go by then it will be an embarrassment, , any half decent amateur would take care of him , he's not a very good boxer!

Thanks for the posting. Have to agree with your opinion too. It's a bit like a rugby league player trying out rugby union (or vice versa) - similar but (at the elite level) different sports. Many rate Mayweather as the best pound-for-pound fighter of all time too. Can't see why McGregor is setting himself up for this, other than for an enormous payout.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Agreed. He'll get his head boxed off. Freddie Roach reckons it would take at least 3 years for him to get Conor Mcgregor trained and ready for a fight against Mayweather. Looks to me like it's just a publicity stunt. That video is evidence he's not good enough to Box Mayweather. Chris van heerdan is ranked 40 in the welterweight division. Just think what the number 1 would do to him?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Thanks for the posting. Have to agree with your opinion too. It's a bit like a rugby league player trying out rugby union (or vice versa) - similar but (at the elite level) different sports. Many rate Mayweather as the best pound-for-pound fighter of all time too. Can't see why McGregor is setting himself up for this, other than for an enormous payout.

I think the final part of your post covers it

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Agreed. He'll get his head boxed off. Freddie Roach reckons it would take at least 3 years for him to get Conor Mcgregor trained and ready for a fight against Mayweather. Looks to me like it's just a publicity stunt. That video is evidence he's not good enough to Box Mayweather. Chris van heerdan is ranked 40 in the welterweight division. Just think what the number 1 would do to him?

Exactly.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm a huge MMA fan and even with those rose tinted spectacles on I don't give Connor a hope in hell of hanging with Mayweather. His boxing is nowhere near good enough, this is just a publicity stunt and a potentially huge payday. If there is one thing that McGregor can rival Mayweather at it's self promotion.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It's a win-win scenario for him really. He will earn between £50-100m for this one fight, and if he loses, he'll drop back into UFC and dominate that again.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
He's trying to box while still using an MMA fighting stance... never going to work. He's only interested in the publicity and money. He'll never make it in boxing.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
He doesn't want to box. He wants to mess with the UFC. That's why he's got the boxing license. It's the same as when he retired then unretired. It gives him publicity, which he loves and makes him money, and messes with the UFC, which he loves and probably gives him some leverage to make more money.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm a huge MMA fan and even with those rose tinted spectacles on I don't give Connor a hope in hell of hanging with Mayweather. His boxing is nowhere near good enough, this is just a publicity stunt and a potentially huge payday. If there is one thing that McGregor can rival Mayweather at it's self promotion.

That's a pretty good summary. To be fair he's backed up all the smack talk in the cage but the whole publicity bandwagon is if there are no other fighters of note.

What I would like to see are some of the boxers who have dismissed MMA getting in the cage. I think Fury and Haye both said they would fancy their chances. Evidently they ignored Randy Couture's embarrassing beat down of James Toney!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That's a pretty good summary. To be fair he's backed up all the smack talk in the cage but the whole publicity bandwagon is if there are no other fighters of note.

What I would like to see are some of the boxers who have dismissed MMA getting in the cage. I think Fury and Haye both said they would fancy their chances. Evidently they ignored Randy Couture's embarrassing beat down of James Toney!

How fit was toney for the fight ? Serious question , I dont know , you can tell if someone has trained.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Khabib Nurmagomedov would probably beat him in the ufc. Khabib would destroy him once he gets him on the floor.

And the other bloke beat him nate diaz

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I really hope he does get his head boxed off. Gobby little shit.

He has REALLY increased the sartorial standards of Crumlin scum though - three pieces suits are flying out of the Dunnes Stores there!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Fury and Haye are prime examples of self publicists in the same way as McGregor. They would have a punchers chance but put them in with any heavyweight with decent wrestling and ju-jitsu and they be taken down at will and ground and pounded or submitted pretty quickly. James Toney was a joke though, clearly hadn't seriously trained for the fight and didn't have a clue what to do.

Ray Mercer lost to Kimbo Slice (who was no great shakes as an MMA fighter once he got to a decent level) but Mercer did beat former UFC champion Tim Sylvia inside 10 seconds, which shows a boxer can be dangerous with the smaller gloves.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I really hope he does get his head boxed off. Gobby little shit.

He has REALLY increased the sartorial standards of Crumlin scum though - three pieces suits are flying out of the Dunnes Stores there!

Do you know. Drumcondra ? Got mates.from there

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here