Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reverse Sexist Xmas Thread

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why is it OK that ITV (not their issue but the advertiser) have just shown an ad showing how cool it would be to give a man a 'split handle screwdriver set', but if I gave my wife an iron she would get the raving arse? :lol:

Post your examples here please.

Yoda

English & European
One I saw the other day for Boots. All about female nurses, fire fighters, police, doctors etc that work Christmas Day having a make over and being pampered for a ball. Yet no mention to the men who do exactly the same roles over Christmas.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They want equal rights but only on their terms...

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
One I saw the other day for Boots. All about female nurses, fire fighters, police, doctors etc that work Christmas Day having a make over and being pampered for a ball. Yet no mention to the men who do exactly the same roles over Christmas.

There are women who do these jobs , who might want a makeover , how many Men would ? Don't see a problem with it .

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Just seems a bit silly. Sexism is not hiring someone because she's a woman, stuff like that which has real consequences. Not nonsense like this. And I'm talking about men and women both. Live and let live, this is an advert and shouldn't offend anyone.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
There are women who do these jobs , who might want a makeover , how many Men would ? Don't see a problem with it .

I have to agree. When I was on call in the hospital on Christmas Day, my first thoughts weren't "Oh, if only Boots was open as I could really do with a facial and a manicure"...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Why is it OK that ITV (not their issue but the advertiser) have just shown an ad showing how cool it would be to give a man a 'split handle screwdriver set', but if I gave my wife an iron she would get the raving arse? :lol:.

All good at home then.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The ad on BT using the rugby stars washing the car - I think you'd be pushed to find one that's more sexist. (Think of the scene from the film Cool Hand Luke but with the BT rugby boys doing the soaping!)

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Why is it OK that ITV (not their issue but the advertiser) have just shown an ad showing how cool it would be to give a man a 'split handle screwdriver set', but if I gave my wife an iron she would get the raving arse? [emoji38]

Post your examples here please.
Skilled labour.

If she was getting a laboratory kit, and he was getting a football, you might have a point.

You've asked for The Best of Milo for Christmas, I assume.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here