Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who ruined their careers from saying / doing something considered morally wrong

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Following on from the Eric the wrong un bristow thread. How many other people have successfully been ruined by not being in the with the standards of modern life?

To start I'll go in with Rodney Marsh & his I'll advised toon army / tsunami joke which cost him his sky job.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Glen Hoddle - inferring that disabled people had done something wrong in their previous life/lives

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I got sacked from Brighton Council in the late 80s for writing 'Don't Pay' in biro as a speech bubble coming out of the Brighton Council bloke's mouth on the cover of the Council Tax introductory booklet on as many of them as we could when we were mailing them out. I wasn't alone and we made the Argus front page the following week with a picture of some bloke who'd received one in the post holding it up for the camera.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Absolutely fine with Hoddle, Keys/Gray and Big Ron (even though it subjected us to more Andy Townsend) getting the gooner for what they said

I never did quite get the Rodney Marsh one. In isolation, the 'joke' wasn't funny and completely misguided but it was obviously a joke. Was he already on thin ice?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Following on from the Eric the wrong un bristow thread. How many other people have successfully been ruined by not being in the with the standards of modern life?

Did it used to be ok to inflict further suffering on the victims of child sexual abuse to make some boorish point about the relative merits of particular 'sportsmen' then?

I'll have to ask my gran.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Harty ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The 'ambitious' fire service employee (Canada?) who started all those recent fires to further his career.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That press officer who talked about " a good day to bury bad news". Can't remember her name but I think her boss got the chop too

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here