Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any BT Openreach engineers on here?

Dec 18, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm at my wits end with a direct fiber to home connection to my new build property. 5 weeks later and still not internet. I placed the order with BT. Three go live dates missed/failed and dozens of phone calls later and hours wasted on the phone to BT and it's still not working! No one seems to know what they're doing at BT! No urgency, no ownership, they just simply don't care. Openreach seems to fix something with the connection to home (a flashing green PON light on the open reach fiber terminal changed to solid green like it should be, then BT try to make order go live then this screws up the fiber connection causing the PON light on the terminal to flash again. The dreaded flashing green light! This has happened about 4 times now! I seem to be caught in a never ending loop (ground hog day) with no end in sight.

Any advice or a sanity check from follow NSC members in the know would be much appreciated.

Thanks

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
ditch and switch..unplug or throw the box out of the window,run it over with the car and then burn it.. sorry

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In all honesty, your first mistake was choosing BT. A myriad of umbrella and subsidiary companies networked to avoid all responsibility and confuse the end users.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
S'easy.

cross-connect.gif

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Virgin are no better, shut me down after the flat below accidentally gave my address instead of his, been days now with nothing after they told me it would take 3 hours to sort, 40 mins on the phone to them on my mobile too, the lying *******s!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Virgin are no better, shut me down after the flat below accidentally gave my address instead of his, been days now with nothing after they told me it would take 3 hours to sort, 40 mins on the phone to them on my mobile too, the lying *******s!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

At least you've got a decent motor.

Oh.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Maybe I've been lucky ....

Switched to BT Infinity 2 about 4 years ago from Virgin. I'm over 3 miles from the exchange so I only got 1Mb download from Virgin [on a good day]
BT Infinity 2 gets me 54 Mb and I'm very happy.

When engineer installed, he listened to my requirements and was happy to relocate my "master box" into the loft so that I could still use the wired extensions I'd put in and route the Data line to the extension socket in my office.
Really helpful, worked first time, and never had any downtime [yet] - # taps head for wood

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There is currently a 'National planning crisis' It's broadband equivalent of Southern Rail at the minute.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
I'm at my wits end with a direct fiber to home connection to my new build property. 5 weeks later and still not internet. I placed the order with BT. Three go live dates missed/failed and dozens of phone calls later and hours wasted on the phone to BT and it's still not working! No one seems to know what they're doing at BT! No urgency, no ownership, they just simply don't care. Openreach seems to fix something with the connection to home (a flashing green PON light on the open reach fiber terminal changed to solid green like it should be, then BT try to make order go live then this screws up the fiber connection causing the PON light on the terminal to flash again. The dreaded flashing green light! This has happened about 4 times now! I seem to be caught in a never ending loop (ground hog day) with no end in sight.

Any advice or a sanity check from follow NSC members in the know would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A mate of mine moved in to a new build in the Littlehampton area and had exactly the same issues. He got so fed up he even blogged about it in detail. Have a read, you may find some useful info http://www.a7xshadows.co.uk/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here