Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Team

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
GJust musing about Nikki Maenpaa being quoted as saying he looks forward to a run in the FA Cup and got to thinking about whether many fans would happily accept a third round exit if it means focusing on promotion.
I wondered what sort of side we could put out that might have a chance against good quality opposition but wouldn't impact too much on our league form.
This side excludes all of last weekends starters and to me doesn't look half bad:

Maenpaa
Rosenior Hunemeier Goldson Pocognoli
March Kayal Norwood LuaLua
Towell
Hemed

Subs: Ankergren Hunt Collar Ince Hutchinson Skalak Tilley

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Maenpaa
Rosenior Hunemeier Goldson Pocognoli
March Ince Towell LuaLua
Hemed Manu

Purely because I'd hate for Norwood to get hurt in a cup game when he's our only quality back up left, plus I didn't think BK would be back by then would he?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
F.A. Cup has no interest for me at present, League progress is far more interesting to me than winning a couple, then going out bravely having suffered a few vital injuries.

Bin it, we ain't going to win it so bin it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'd just be worried about them picking up injuries and ruining the great squad cover we have. Rather not chance it.

Early exit please.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No complaints from me if we field a side like that. All those players should be able to cut it and it's a benefit to the overall squad to give them a competitive run out.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The back-ups need a proper game to stop them getting bored (and piles from too much sitting on benches).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As stated above, we are in the very happy position at the moment to be able to put out a very decent second XI. The league has to be our priority, but a team like that would do well against most other Championship sides.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Brighton fans now thinking we're as big as Man United and shouldn't bother entering :facepalm:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Brighton fans now thinking we're as big as Man United and shouldn't bother entering :facepalm:

Or simply saying that this season they should concentrate on building on the firm foundation they have established with a view to the future. Still, I'm sure if we play our strongest side we are certain to win it.

cup.JPG

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It all depends on our draw. If we get a home draw against Man Utd then maybe we should put out a side capable of competing. I'd hate for us to get turned over

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Or simply saying that this season they should concentrate on building on the firm foundation they have established with a view to the future. Still, I'm sure if we play our strongest side we are certain to win it.

this season ???

it's every bloody season on here

who the **** do we think we are :facepalm:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When I was a kid I used to LOVE the FA Cup - I mean really BLOODY LOVE it.

In the playground every lunchtime we used to play 'Wembley'; I eagerly awaited every round - regardless of whether Albion where involved or not; I'd find a way of listening to the draw Monday lunchtimes and Final day itself in May was possibly my favourite day of the year - no matter who was playing.

But now - after countless years of the competition being continuously devalued by broadcasters and the FA itself (which is the bigger travesty) I couldn't give a toss about the Cup as they obviously don't. I think when they moved the Final kick off to something like 5.30pm or whatever it is now I realised the spirit of the Cup had finally died.

So I couldn't care less if we fielded the Junior Seagulls in the third round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here