Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Different December Please!

el punal

I've just done a bit of stat-gazing (yawn!) of our December results over the last five seasons since being at the Amex. Oh dear, not pretty reading. Most of us know that the Albion do not perform well come the Yuletide month, so dear friends, here is the evidence from 2011 to the present :

Games Played : 27 Won : 6 Drawn : 9 Lost : 12 Points : 27 (from a possible 81). Ouch!

Depressing reading I must admit, however, this season for me feels different. Having played two tough games recently against Villa and Fulham and come away with a win and a draw, when in previous seasons would have been two defeats, shows the strength and character of the team.

Last season at this time we were severely depleted by injuries to key players without like for like replacements, and we suffered for it. This year not so, we have a squad of players with the resilience to overcome just about anything that's thrown at them.

Two years ago my confidence in the team was rock bottom with the nadir being that horror show against Millwall and Hyypia doing his "dead man walking" pose. Now, my confidence is sky high. Why? Not because of those superb wins against the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich, but those performances against Villa and Fulham, when we were being outplayed and under the cosh, and far from being at our best. We came through, we fought, we scrapped, and we didn't lose.

And that is why I feel that this December, historically our worst month, will be something to savour. I hope I'm right. :albion2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
After breaking the Hillsborough curse, anything is possible.

Yeah and up to Fulham (16/17 season) we had only won games we went ahead so thats another monkey off our backs.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This time last season we were still unbeaten in the league ahead of some testing fixtures but injuries & suspensions were beginning to build up.
As it stands this season (touch wood)we are pretty much injury free.
With a stronger squad & with what looks on paper a not so challenging month ahead.
I also know that football is played on grass not paper & the championship
Is one of the most competitive league
In the world.
All I'm trying to say is that I think we are in a stronger position this season
than we were last season & look how close we came then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here