Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wonder if this will have any effect on the purse strings at Reading

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Reading FC: Thai owners to sell majority shares to Chinese brother and sister

The Thai consortium which owns Reading is on the brink of selling its shares to a Chinese brother and sister, BBC Radio Berkshire reports.

Negotiations have begun with Dai Yongge and Dai Xiu Li and a deal could be completed "within a fortnight".

Yongge and Xiu Li failed in an attempt to buy Hull City in September.

Current owners Lady Sasima Srivikorn, Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth and Narin Niruttinanon took control of the Championship club in September 2014.

Any deal with Yongge and Xiu Li would see the Thais retain ownership of land around the club's Madejski Stadium, currently earmarked for redevelopment, as well as the Millennium Madejski Hotel.

But the current owners are looking to sell the stadium, the club and the training ground.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With the Albion sitting pretty in the automatic promotion places of the Championship you wonder whether Tony will receive - or, indeed, HAS received - any offers for his shares.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Good luck to them , I fully expect to see Mr Yongge and Mr Xui Li chatting to fans on some oopt north train station platform at a away game on a tuesday night in the middle of january after the game and sharing their plastic bag full of tinny's , we really are so bloody lucky to have what we have here .

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Good luck to them , I fully expect to see Mr Yongge and Mr Xui Li chatting to fans on some oopt north train station platform at a away game on a tuesday night in the middle of january after the game and sharing their plastic bag full of tinny's , we really are so bloody lucky to have what we have here .

They are brother and sister so I doubt you'd "fully expect to see them".

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So long as the Chinese then sell it on to some Indians in due course, it all seems fine. I love a good takeaway.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
CaptureJPG.jpg

Meet the Dai. Having a brother or sister in China is actually a very unique trait.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With the Albion sitting pretty in the automatic promotion places of the Championship you wonder whether Tony will receive - or, indeed, HAS received - any offers for his shares.
No I don't.

What I do wonder is whether Reading will have to have a new club song, and how losing the current one will affect the team's morale.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Any deal with Yongge and Xiu Li would see the Thais retain ownership of land around the club's Madejski Stadium, currently earmarked for redevelopment, as well as the Millennium Madejski Hotel.
But the current owners are looking to sell the stadium, the club and the training ground.

Is it me or does that all sound a bit..... worrying.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No I don't.

What I do wonder is whether Reading will have to have a new club song, and how losing the current one will affect the team's morale.

Beat me to it.

Hopefully this will be as successful as Wolves' Chinese ownership so far.

#TINPOT

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The potential new owners' bid to buy Hull in the summer, fell through because they failed the FA's 'Fit and Proper' test.

Even Massimo sodding Cellino passed that!

No the bit , "currently earmarked for redevelopment", as well as the Millennium Madejski Hotel.
But the current owners are looking to sell the stadium, the club and the training ground. ??

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The Company responsible for making the owners' office door plaques must be heaving a sigh of relief at this news.

Unless it gets paid by the letter... :lol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
No the bit , "currently earmarked for redevelopment", as well as the Millennium Madejski Hotel.
But the current owners are looking to sell the stadium, the club and the training ground. ??

Sounds like a classic case of asset stripping to me. I wonder how much that hotel contributes to the Reading revenue streams?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here