Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Collins, Pete Colley, Tim Abraham, Roger Clarke.....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
....all being made redundant by Sky. Never a nice time to lose your job but particularly with winter festivities approaching. All fine broadcasters, hope they find alternative employment soon.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
....all being made redundant by Sky. Never a nice time to lose your job but particularly with winter festivities approaching. All fine broadcasters, hope they find alternative employment soon.

They'll all be hoovered up by Talk Sport most likely.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I struggled to understand the value that Nick Collins added to Sky, he was the England correspondent, so what was he doing when there were no England games on? With no premier league games, surely someone else can cover?

However, is this the start of the bubble bursting? Sky cutting costs on football coverage implies the money they are receiving isn't enough to cover what they are shelling out per season.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They'll all be hoovered up by Talk Sport most likely.

Aren't TS owned by Sky now? Surely if so they'd just have been shuffled sideways? And the rugby and cricket correspondents wouldn't stand much chance, TS is 99% football and 1% other sports.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Who is the dullard eejut that shoves a mic in the face of managers before a game asking inane 'How important?' questions. He should go.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I struggled to understand the value that Nick Collins added to Sky, he was the England correspondent, so what was he doing when there were no England games on? With no premier league games, surely someone else can cover?

However, is this the start of the bubble bursting? Sky cutting costs on football coverage implies the money they are receiving isn't enough to cover what they are shelling out per season.

There was a recent article suggesting that the football 'bubble' might be about to burst due to a combination of factors. Little coincidence that two football fans at work who I sit near have ditched their Sky Sports package as they don't find it value for money.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Agreed about the timing, you forgot to mention Christmas Festivities too, awful time to be made redundant!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Aren't TS owned by Sky now? Surely if so they'd just have been shuffled sideways? And the rugby and cricket correspondents wouldn't stand much chance, TS is 99% football and 1% other sports.

Geoff Shreeves? There are rumours another half a dozen star names could be set for a the chop in the new year, he could well be one. :nono:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Geoff Shreeves? There are rumours another half a dozen star names could be set for a the chop in the new year, he could well be one. :nono:

As long as they keep Geoff Stelling, Jim White and all the eye candy, will anyone notice :shrug:

D

Deleted User X18H

I have met Nick a few times out at Lancing.

Nice chap. Best wishes to him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Maybe not on the English game, where Sky are maybe going to be more and more of a busted flush on the grounds of cost. But as they signed a deal with the Chinese Super League in the Summer, that's a whole new massive market opened up to them to more than take up the slack.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Who is this young goon on SSN covering the Haye-Bellew press conference?
Trying way too hard to be witty, which of course means he isn't & never will be.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Who is this young goon on SSN covering the Haye-Bellew press conference?
Trying way too hard to be witty, which of course means he isn't & never will be.

Andy Burton? Got the best sources in the business.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Andy Burton? Got the best sources in the business.

That's him; best sources in what business?

The boxing guys come across as very knowledgeable & professional normally, then this chimp rocks up today. Normally seen outside someone's training ground telling the latest rumour on some transfer gossip.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
There was a recent article suggesting that the football 'bubble' might be about to burst due to a combination of factors. Little coincidence that two football fans at work who I sit near have ditched their Sky Sports package as they don't find it value for money.

Good article that. Thanks.

Must admit I am finding it harder to justify the monthly outlay for Sky Sports to the missus (and probably myself). I think the next inevitable price rise might be the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here