Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone sign Murray in January?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Or can he be recalled? GOD knows what we'd do without him.

He'd replace the injured Wickham quite well up the road...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think we had a thread on this before. He can only be recalled in order to be sold.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, he could be recalled and sold, but he won't be.

He's playing for and wants a contract here next year.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I heard from a relatively decent source that we were paying a loan fee (the equivalent of his wages) which prevents him being recalled for any reason. Entirely plausible I've been mis-informed though judging by the above :shrug:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Can anyone sign Murray in January, or can he be recalled?

Contrary to the previous replies, I do not believe we have a definitive answer to this.

What I do know* is that we have NOT paid a loan fee for his services. Some have suggested that if you do pay a fee, it bestows stronger 'rights' on the receiving club.

Many have stated that a season long loan can only be terminated early if ALL parties (both clubs and player) agree to do so. That sounds plausible if there is no recall clause in the deal. In this case, Murray's thoughts are very much influenced by location / work-life balance, so he isn't likely to agree to be sold to say, Sunderland or Celtic.

There is also the FIFA / regulation issue - he's been registered to Bournemouth and Brighton this season - I'm not convinced it is legal for him to register for a third club, save for a short-term loan (when his registration stays with Bournemouth - and that is only permissible to League One or abroad).

*have been told by an impeccable source

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Contrary to the previous replies, I do not believe we have a definitive answer to this.

Can't somebody just Ask The Club outright at the weekly press conference? Now if only we had a locally born and bred 'journalist' worthy of the name on here, they could earn themselves a simple tap-in of a scoop. But we don't.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Can't somebody just Ask The Club outright at the weekly press conference? Now if only we had a local 'journalist' worthy of the name on here....

You'd think.

Although if the answer to the question is "Actually yes, another club COULD buy him in January", then the club probably wouldn't welcome the subject being raised in front of the nation's press...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You'd think.

Although if the answer to the question is "Actually yes, another club COULD buy him in January", then the club probably wouldn't welcome the subject being raised in front of the nation's press...

I'm sure other clubs are far more in the loop than ordinary fans, especially when it comes to football agents.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How long is his contract with Bournemouth? Is it possible that we could buy him, or would that eat too much into the budget, for a striker with pace?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have heard his wife has told him he is going nowhere and if he does she is not going with him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have heard his wife has told him he is going nowhere and if he does she is not going with him.

Reminds me of my mate who bumped into Zoe Ball many years ago on the train and thanked her husband for the 250k car parking money. She didn't know anything about it at the time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here