Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Record three successive sell outs

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With the possibility (or even probability) that it will extend to at least 7 consecutive home sellouts.
Dirty Leeds (even on a televised Friday) QPR, Wednesday and the Toon should bring substantial support although I suspect that Cardiff at the year end will spoil the run of away numbers.

D

Deleted member 2719

Where were those punters at Withdean and Gillingham.

JCLs the lot of them, they were probably in their armchairs watching Arsenal,Chelsea and Man U.:whistle:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If all three were sellouts how come there was a difference of 600 - 700 people between the 3 games of people who bought tickets ?

My guess is that it comes down to the definition of sellout. My suspicion is that the game is officially a sellout as soon as no more pairs of tickets remain unsold. Realistically, anything over 29,500 at the Amex should be considered a sellout .

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Reckon QPR will sell out? I'm sorting tickets for a couple of other people and as it stands the only pairs are in S1F. I'd rather wait and see if a couple or North tickets come up on the exchange, but realise I could get stiffed that way.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

JCLs the lot of them, they were probably in their armchairs watching Arsenal,Chelsea and Man U.:whistle:

Family commitments stopped me watching the Albion and once you don't go regularly you just drop off the scene. Withdean never did it for me - no atmosphere and could not see the game play as i like to be high up. Family have grown, the AMEX is much more accessible and so got back into going and got a season ticket the second year there.

So JCL is not an apt description more I went on a 20 year Sabbatical like a lot of those who now attend.

I really don't think you should bemoan the new levels of support, they may not have your level of commitment but they are bums on seats putting money into the club.

D

Deleted member 2719

Family commitments stopped me watching the Albion and once you don't go regularly you just drop off the scene. Withdean never did it for me - no atmosphere and could not see the game play as i like to be high up. Family have grown, the AMEX is much more accessible and so got back into going and got a season ticket the second year there.

So JCL is not an apt description more I went on a 20 year Sabbatical like a lot of those who now attend.

I really don't think you should bemoan the new levels of support, they may not have your level of commitment but they are bums on seats putting money into the club.

Hey Wardy, it's tongue in cheek, i am now in the family scene and don't want to miss the kids growing up so taking some time out myself.

But what does piss me off a bit is the fans who only support a club by going when they are doing well, so materialistic IMO, i just don't get it.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The most obvious 'sellout' is the club's fraudulent declaration that all those people who bought all those tickets have actually bothered to turn up, (ie 'attend'). When it's clear that several thousand of them haven't.

"Official attendance?" Pah!

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

It's high time we dusted off the old: "Where were you when we were shite?" chant. The Premier League would be an absolute nightmare, as the 12k Palace fans in the 25k crowds at Selhurst would testify to, sitting surrounded by plastic wankers there to watch the likes of Arsenal and Man U.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Hey Wardy, it's tongue in cheek, i am now in the family scene and don't want to miss the kids growing up so taking some time out myself.

But what does piss me off a bit is the fans who only support a club by going when they are doing well, so materialistic IMO, i just don't get it.

I think the attendance nowadays has a lot to do with the amazing stadium and that it's made the match day so much more enjoyable and appealing for the non season ticket holder. Even during our relegation battle season a couple of years ago, we had an average attendance of over 25,000, although that was mostly due to the huge number of season ticket holders. But when we're doing well, we seem to attract a few thousand more, as well as higher away team crowds.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The most obvious 'sellout' is the club's fraudulent declaration that all those people who bought all those tickets have actually bothered to turn up, (ie 'attend'). When it's clear that several thousand of them haven't.

"Official attendance?" Pah!

There are obviously SOME, but 'several thousand' is overstating it. For the Norwich match, by example, the actual (bums on seats) attendance was 27,600 (against 29,400 announced). Impressive figures regardless. Basically, it means that 1 in 11 STHs missed the game. Which in turn extrapolates to each STH missing two games per season - fair enough, frankly.

just need another 20,000 each game and we might get near breaking even:whistle: Just saying:moo:

What is your point?

(Feel free to take that as a specific or general question)

There are obviously SOME, but 'several thousand' is overstating it. For the Norwich match, by example, the actual (bums on seats) attendance was 27,600 (against 29,400 announced). Impressive figures regardless. Basically, it means that 1 in 11 STHs missed the game. Which in turn extrapolates to each STH missing two games per season - fair enough, frankly.

What is your point?

(Feel free to take that as a specific or general question)

ie it would be better to have 15,000 av and make £1.50 per season
Footballs broken and paying the salaries we are has not helped!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's high time we dusted off the old: "Where were you when we were shite?" chant. The Premier League would be an absolute nightmare, as the 12k Palace fans in the 25k crowds at Selhurst would testify to, sitting surrounded by plastic wankers there to watch the likes of Arsenal and Man U.
But if we're already selling out in the Championship there won't be any room for tons of plastic PL knobs.

Palace is a totally different case as they couldn't dream of selling out in the second tier (even with Groupon deals) but have a bunch of glory (lol) seekers who only turn up to watch PL football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here