Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Towell looks likely

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just watched the U23's and I must say RT really played well albeit needs to loose a few pounds. I would put him in front of Norwood and if Stephens continues to be so poor...bring him on. March, KLL both just did not seem too bothered but the Irishman played his socks off

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I've not seen a lot of him, could he play the 'Baldock' role in the side if needed? Seems to like to get forward and score a few.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Surely it's a bit premature to put him ahead of Norwood? Towell played against Wolves' stiffs and has no real Championship experience, Norwood was in last years Championship Team of the Season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Towell really needs games at Championship level now.

Loan in January after FACup 3 ( and 4 ? ), to a Championship side making sure we have a recall clause ? ???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's not anywhere near the class of Norwood and Stephens, well certainly not yet anyway.....i'd be delighted if he was.

A loan to league 1 in January would be ideal.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought he was more of an attacking midfield player than a holding player like Norwood? If he is competition for anyone currently it's probably Baldock if we wanted to play 5 in midfield away from home for example...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Seen him a couple of times on his comeback and on seagulls player last night , he looks like he is getting stronger game by game , best player on the pitch by a long shot and if needed i reckon he could do a job , and that's the thing this season we now have players that can slot in for sidelined others and the team can still grind out results , pretty happy he is in the squad and if injury free i think he will start in the FA cup in January , and perhaps v Wimbledon in the Chakakhan trophy before that .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just watched the U23's and I must say RT really played well albeit needs to loose a few pounds.

I'd be surprised if he does need to lose weight.

I remember seeing photos of him, from Instagram possibly, when we signed him and he clearly works out a LOT. As a result, I suspect he may just have a body shape that's not typical for footballers and as he's not very tall he probably just looks 'chunkier' than other players alongside him.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I'd be surprised if he does need to lose weight.

I remember seeing photos of him, from Instagram possibly, when we signed him and he clearly works out a LOT. As a result, I suspect he may just have a body shape that's not typical for footballers and as he's not very tall he probably just looks 'chunkier' than other players alongside him.
Maybe that is it...his upper body is defo well muscled.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He's not anywhere near the class of Norwood and Stephens, well certainly not yet anyway.....i'd be delighted if he was.

Towell has decent pace though.. something Norwood lacks.. he is sluggish at best.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

What do you base that on, a hunch?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Towell really needs games at Championship level now.

Loan in January after FACup 3 ( and 4 ? ), to a Championship side making sure we have a recall clause ? ???

I'd agree but a January loan now has to be until the end of the season with no recall so think I'd rather he stayed as cover. He is an attack-minded central midfielder where Norwood is essentially more defensive so between them it's a decent balance.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Surely it's a bit premature to put him ahead of Norwood? Towell played against Wolves' stiffs and has no real Championship experience, Norwood was in last years Championship Team of the Season

Wolves stiffs still look contenders to get promoted from u23s PL2 to PL1 which would put them amongst the best 12 u23s teams in the country.
Towell has no Championship experience but has played a full season in the SPL, and title winning seasons in Ireland. Wrong to argue he's an inexperienced player. But then , these days, all our squad tend to have great experience in depth amongst top tier leagues and the Champ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here