Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nominations for Sports Personality of the year 2016

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are 16.

Nicola Adams - Boxing, Gareth Bale - Football, Alistair Brownlee - Triathlon, Sophie Christiansen - Equestrian, Kadeena Cox - Athletics/Cycling, Mo Farah - Athletics, Jason Kenny - Cycling, Laura Kenny - Cycling.

Andy Murray - Tennis, Adam Peaty - Swimming, Kate Richardson-Walsh - Hockey, Nick Skelton - Equestrian, Dame Sarah Storey - Cycling, Jamie Vardy - Football, Max Whitlock - Gymnastics, Danny Willett - Golf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/38128821

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There are 16.

Nicola Adams - Boxing, Gareth Bale - Football, Alistair Brownlee - Triathlon, Sophie Christiansen - Equestrian, Kadeena Cox - Athletics/Cycling, Mo Farah - Athletics, Jason Kenny - Cycling, Laura Kenny - Cycling.

Andy Murray - Tennis, Adam Peaty - Swimming, Kate Richardson-Walsh - Hockey, Nick Skelton - Equestrian, Dame Sarah Storey - Cycling, Jamie Vardy - Football, Max Whitlock - Gymnastics, Danny Willett - Golf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/38128821

Without demeaning them in any way, there are several names there that I haven't even heard of. Seriously though, need we look any further than Andy Murray? The only other person in with a shout is Mo Farah.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There may as well have been only 1. Quite clear who is going to win. Clue- his name rhymes with 'Hurry' and he's from Scotland.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Without demeaning them in any way, there are several names there that I haven't even heard of. Seriously though, need we look any further than Andy Murray? The only other person in with a shout is Mo Farah.
I don't see that as demeaning, at all.
Sure it alludes to your lack of sporting knowledge, but that in no way demeans anyone else.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Never understood the fascination with this award.

Impossible to compare achievements from one sport to another.

And the omission of Froome from the list when there's 3 or 4 on there most people will never have heard of is laughable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised Louie Spence - cycling, hasn't made a late charge into the reckoning.

#TourdeCeleb.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Vardy ? Really ? Don't me get wrong - he's a decent striker but SPoY ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The list is made up of sports that most people enjoy, understand and follow hence no Chris Froome or other bike riders.

You, BG, are not 'most people'. Cycling is hugely popular, as evidenced by previous winners. You don't like it. So what?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a quarter of the nominees are bike riders, I guess no Froome is fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here