Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sidwell on talks port now

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Which port was he talking about? Grimsby? Liverpool? Felixstowe?

He does seem to be doing a lot of media work lately, or maybe I never noticed him before.

Seems to talk a lot of sense mind.

What is he talking about?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, he's just BOMBED our DS squad

"I walk in the dressing room at the training ground and they're all on their phones, Sky TV is on"

Questioning the hunger. Wow.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

"I walk in the dressing room at the training ground and they're all on their phones, Sky TV is on"

Probably explains why they are shit house and can't seem to score goals without help from first team squad

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good on him, think Sidders is happily a bit old school. An ex-player told me they are basically a pampered bunch of lightweights with everything too easy. He said when he was at that stage a heavy defeat would have been followed by a bollocking and a nasty cross country 10 mile run the next day, whereas now it would be followed by a massage and maybe a light training session.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good on him, think Sidders is happily a bit old school. An ex-player told me they are basically a pampered bunch of lightweights with everything too easy. He said when he was at that stage a heavy defeat would have been followed by a bollocking and a nasty cross country 10 mile run the next day, whereas now it would be followed by a massage and maybe a light training session.

Thats exactly what Sidwell was implying.

This all-singing, all-dancing ultra modern training ground academy is clearly a wonderful facility. But maybe in some ways its a bit TOO wonderful. Lets face it, it hasn't exactly brought much in the way of a harvest of players anywhere near ready to cut it in the 1st team here, or anywhere else yet has it. Is it making them soft ?

Probably a bit unfair, as it only opened what, 2 years ago. But Sidwell's remarks tonight didn't paint a particularly encouraging picture. Its not difficult to imagine a somewhat cossetted existence there for the U21's.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thats exactly what Sidwell was implying.

This all-singing, all-dancing ultra modern training ground academy is clearly a wonderful facility. But maybe in some ways its a bit TOO wonderful. Lets face it, it hasn't exactly brought much in the way of a harvest of players anywhere near ready to cut it in the 1st team here, or anywhere else yet has it. Is it making them soft ?

Probably a bit unfair, as it only opened what, 2 years ago. But Sidwell's remarks tonight didn't paint a particularly encouraging picture. Its not difficult to imagine a somewhat cossetted existence there for the U21's.

Bloom did mention we probably won't reap the benefits yet for a good few years. You can't expect to turn out a Zaha or an Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain straight away. It's not how it works unfortunately

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here