Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref for Cardiff Match

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Roger East:glare:

Most of us focussed on Mike Dean's decision at Boro in May...but East missed the push on Lewis Dunk before Wednesday's equaliser at the Amex. Should have been a routine easy spot too.

Anyway we live in hope for Saturday.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ahhh Mr. East, we haven't had the pleasure of his company for some time. Unlike Mr. Stroud who seems to ref us every other week.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unfortunately I think it will take more than a dodgy ref for us to get 3 points down there on Saturday.
Why's that? Cardiff had a bit of a bounce when Warnock first arrived, but they are reverting to type again now (abysmal).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Roger East:glare:

Most of us focussed on Mike Dean's decision at Boro in May...but East missed the push on Lewis Dunk before Wednesday's equaliser at the Amex. Should have been a routine easy spot too.

Anyway we live in hope for Saturday.

Would suggest it is was the linesman who should have spotted it, just as it was the linesman who should have spotted the offside for Boro's goal. Mike Dean however did completely **** up over the sending off and the subsequent review.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Will we get Dean this season do you think?

Almost certainly, as the authorities HATE to be seen to bow to any club's preferences (or otherwise) of officials.

Obviously they'll wait until an absolutely CRUCIAL game at the business end of the season, before gracing us with their top, top man.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Lets hope the result is not the disaster it was last season down there. We were abysmal!

To be honest I'd settle for better weather, it was horrendous last year. I wonder if we had won the toss and kicked with the wind in the first half that scoreline (not neccessarily the result) may have been suffciently different to have closed that two goal gap to Boro, the 4-1 was a freak result in a freak game.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
To be honest I'd settle for better weather, it was horrendous last year. I wonder if we had won the toss and kicked with the wind in the first half that scoreline (not neccessarily the result) may have been suffciently different to have closed that two goal gap to Boro, the 4-1 was a freak result in a freak game.

The weather was not the reason we blew that game, though. In a season when Chris Hughton made very, very few errors of judgement, this was one - radically altering our successful shape / style, and going to 3 in midfield (trying to compensate for the absence of Beram Kayal). The three in there (Crofts, Sidwell, Stephens?) all stood and waited for each other to track / tackle / pick up midfield runners, as the Cardiff support players took turns to wander into the box and score.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The weather was not the reason we blew that game, though. In a season when Chris Hughton made very, very few errors of judgement, this was one - radically altering our successful shape / style, and going to 3 in midfield (trying to compensate for the absence of Beram Kayal). The three in there (Crofts, Sidwell, Stephens?) all stood and waited for each other to track / tackle / pick up midfield runners, as the Cardiff support players took turns to wander into the box and score.

I will totally agree that the selection was poor, and that we may well still have lost the game, just not sure we would have lost by 3. It was nigh on impossible for us to move the ball forward in the first half. Weather notwithstanding i'd agree it was a poor performance that may well have ended in defeat, but I have never seen a game played in conditions as bad as that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Will we get Dean this season do you think?

I'm going to go for Villa Park in May. That sounds just like the sort of thing the FA would do.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I will totally agree that the selection was poor, and that we may well still have lost the game, just not sure we would have lost by 3. It was nigh on impossible for us to move the ball forward in the first half. Weather notwithstanding i'd agree it was a poor performance that may well have ended in defeat, but I have never seen a game played in conditions as bad as that.

Even the, we could have got back in it after half time. At 3-1, we missed a really good chance to make it 3-2 and then conceded a penalty minutes later to end the game as a contest. If it had become 3-2, you never know what might have happened.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Last year was probably the worst game of football and worst performance from Brighton I have ever seen in many years of watching football. The weather absolutely destroyed the game and we couldnt cope with the conditions.

Worst performance maybe but not even the worst game I've seen at Cardiff. The 0-0 under Hughton in the previous season was a terrible match. I think there were more goals last season than shots in that game.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Worst performance maybe but not even the worst game I've seen at Cardiff. The 0-0 under Hughton in the previous season was a terrible match. I think there were more goals last season than shots in that game.

Dear lord that was the DULLEST game I have ever been to. Nothing happened at all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here