Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten Rillington Place.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The original book about the case, by Ludovic Kennedy, is well worth reading if you can get hold of a copy.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
"Christie done it" (in a broad Welsh accent) is one memorable line from the film, repeated several times. Timothy Edwards was completely out of his depth and couldn't have understood why nobody believed it.

I think you mean Timothy Evans. His wrongful conviction and execution was a major consideration leading to the abolition of capital punishment in the UK

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
after 10 Downing Street

must be the most famous address in the country

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
2 of the most uncomfortable hours viewing that I can remember in my lifetime. Probably Attenborough's best and most convincing performance.

D

Deleted User X18H

"Christie done it" (in a broad Welsh accent) is one memorable line from the film, repeated several times. Timothy Edwards was completely out of his depth and couldn't have understood why nobody believed it.

Evans. Timothy Evans

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's difficult to go wrong when you have Attenborough and John Hurt in the same room.
Great but very depressing film, you really should not enjoy it but it's one of those films you never forget.
Really looking forward to the programme tomorrow.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It's difficult to go wrong when you have Attenborough and John Hurt in the same room.
Great but very depressing film, you really should not enjoy it but it's one of those films you never forget.
Really looking forward to the programme tomorrow.

and that has to be the problem,just how do you improve on the original film/acting ?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Watched it this very afternoon, wonderful performances.

Even the bloke from 'Love Thy Neighbour' got in at the end, surpassing the performance from the bloke in 'All Creatures Great and Small'.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
and that has to be the problem,just how do you improve on the original film/acting ?

I have seen the post above but i was going to say that if it was a remake of the film i would say the probably could not, but more often or not these 2 or 3 part BBC programmes are excellent and i am sure this will be another, i know it was original but The Last Miners was soooooooooo good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here