Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your secrets of longevity?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
According to the Argus, Brunos secret of longevity is lots of sleep, no pizza and staying off WhatsApp before bed.
Me, drinking green tea and eating food in moderation (especially fry ups).
What's yours? :)

There is a standing joke among Albion’s former Spanish Armada.

If Andrea Orlandi, David Lopez and company ever start a Whatsapp group chat at what they might refer to as dinner time, they know Bruno won’t be online.

He will be getting ready for bed – or maybe asleep already.

The Albion skipper, on course to beat his own record as the club’s oldest outfield ever-present, has revealed a few of his tricks of the trade as he keeps going strong at 36.

Ten hours of sleep is among them, along with recovery between matches, a good diet and an active life during the close season.

But don’t expect him to be tucking into pizza after training.

Or staying up to anything like the sort of times his Spanish compatriots usually manage.

“It’s about small details,” he said. “It’s about trying to do everything right – food, resting, working.

“They are small details but, when you put them all together, they give you a little bit more energy and fitness.”

Sleep is pretty key – including a siesta when possible.

“I’m doing so many things maybe I don’t have enough time,” he said.

“But of course I try to sleep every day, no longer than 20 minutes. It’s a nice habit as well, especially when you have got kids because it gives you a little bit of extra energy.

“I try to eat really healthy – no sugars, no fats.

“I sleep quite a lot, at least nine or ten hours. We don’t give enough importance to sleep but it is really important to us.

“There a few things I try to follow and, until now, it’s working.

“I think now it is quite controversial with Pep Guardiola’s ways at Manchester City.

“There are a few things he spoke about, like no sex after midnight.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...o_pizza_and_staying_off_Whatsapp_before_bed_/

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Listening to music vis headphones I find shuts out the stresses and strains of everyday life leaving me relaxed and ready to face another day.

Also not touching green tea - Horrible stuff :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My missus's great aunt lived to 105, her secret was prunes. She ate them every day.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Never using a shower scrunchie has extended my lifespan by six and a bit years. Washing all over with a ball of mesh that's been up and down your arse crack is never advisable, plus you can save money on Christmas decorations by hanging them on your tree in lieu of expensive baubles.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I dunno.... My parents both died around 70 after leading moderately healthy lives .... the Mother in law lived to 95 although being very obese , stuffed sweets ,loved all the wrong food . She was also a basket case who lived on her nerves .
So what is the lesson?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kiehl's Facial Fuel Heavy Lift

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I dunno.... My parents both died around 70 after leading moderately healthy lives .... the Mother in law lived to 95 although being very obese , stuffed sweets ,loved all the wrong food . She was also a basket case who lived on her nerves .
So what is the lesson?

Genetics play a large part.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Don't drink, don't smoke, everything in moderation. You don't really live longer, it just feels like it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Bruno's lifestyle is a fitness regime , not a guarantee of extra life. Only a painted portrait of yourself when younger, and stored in your loft can guarantee you extra life.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
So what is the lesson?

The lesson is....there is no lesson.
I've known people who burn the candle at every end and have lived to a good age and I've known moderates who have died relatively young. A lot depends on the genes you inherit. There is little or no heart trouble anywhere in my family but nearly everybody gets the big C. Suicidal tendencies run in some families. others have no history. It all depends on your biological make-up. If you are pre-disposed to something, then it will probably get you. Hammering booze and fags, day after day, clearly increases your chances of dying younger than anticipated but its not cast iron guaranteed.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Bruno's lifestyle is a fitness regime , not a guarantee of extra life. Only a painted portrait of yourself when younger, and stored in your loft can guarantee you extra life.

Agree, it also begs the question does being an extremely fit 30 year old bear any relevence whatsoever on your later health, if of course you do not keep up the fitness health style, I guess its no more than a snapshot of your 30 year old life ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here